Page 32 of 497 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Tried monoskiing yesterday. I made pretty good progress. Went up the chairlift a few times. One of the people helping me purposely made me fall so I'd know what it was like. I broke the fall with my arm and heard something pop. I was a little miffed. I was fine, though.
    It was nice to be outside on the slopes.
    Now, uhg, I'll go exercise.
    Sorry, guys, but I'm still resisting regular exercise.
    Inertia- easy to stay still if you're still and easy to keep moving if you're moving.
    Last edited by pararich; 03-02-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: interrupted by phone call
    Rich

Rich - glad you went monoskiing. Was that your first time? I am glad you 'broke the fall with your arm' and not the other way around !
    Congrats about turning 50. One more reason to really start working out since we all lose muscle mass with age. I survived turning 50 2 years ago.
    I look forward to you applying Newton's law that a "an object in motion will stay in motion".....
    You can do it !

Thanks arndog,
    It was my second time. I went 2 years ago.
    I think I'll check out the YMCA, today.
    Being a member might help with motivation.
    But, I think, for me, home workouts will be the way to go.
    Rich

make it a lifestyle rich, or it wont last. those of us here who workout religously do it because its part of who we are.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    make it a lifestyle rich, or it wont last. those of us here who workout religously do it because its part of who we are.
    i workout to get off the paved world......all three of these pics were taken in the last 5 weeks - flagstaff, sedona and baja! get out there, folks! Steve.

great photos, Steve. Who is the other sitskier with you? Are you on a nordic trail system or just out on the meadow in firm conditions?

Rich - I agree with fuentej - it has to be a lifestyle and the workout has to be a top priority for structuring you day. Especially for us gimps since our fitness will directly make life better, easier transfers, more energy. Less weight means it is easier to move what is connected to your neck with your arms....

Today -
    1 hour shovel snow in driveway- had to hurry to get it before the sun melted it.

1 hour stationary bike

It snowed at Tahoe over 4 feet in last 2 days! - highway closed. Ski tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    great photos, Steve. Who is the other sitskier with you? Are you on a nordic trail system or just out on the meadow in firm conditions?

that's at the flagstaff nordic center. you can bust out onto the meadows too, though. the other guy is Doug Hall - he's taking over making sit skis from me. Steve.

Today -
    4 hours of this:

How heavy is it to sitski? I am going up in the mountains to a rehab there for a month and I want to go sitskiing every day, but I have never tried. I am strong but not that strong after being sick since August. I have a friend with me and she has promised me we can do it every day if I want to, besides riding and other fun activities. And some boring, I am sure

And will I get pain in my neck, do I have to be careful in the beginning? I am leaving Tuesday.

I did go skiing until 1995 but that was the last time but I always fell in the downhills In the bottom when it was flat again
    TH 12, 43 years post

I exercised a bit today too again, -in fact it was two meetings on the row in our capital in different locations over there, man that was laborious and hard (in itself, preparations and stuff, brain exercising), puh (some mention marathon and timing?). Well, first meeting with a government department no problems as for exercise and self control and determination, but I had to take a cab, to the next meeting while I had to “go”, but luckily this time I managed to hold on until I got to the next meeting location HC restroom, this meeting was at the head office to the branch of the department which puts politics out in life (where the money is sort of, so very important to be there). -The plane trip went well, and that was good, because at that time returning I was so very exhausted -like with some pain during the day, and THIS bowel crap that often is a burden when exercising. The meetings was good though, but my body is not up for so much exercising at one day, up before the birds are awake, exercising and travelling on you’re own, still I will not give in to exercise less, never!