Page 31 of 497 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

yup, i knew you'd like it.

take a shake pre and post workout. how is your weight?>? if your thin, i would take a casein[slow relese protein] b4 bed.

also, if your exercising hard go w/ animal paks, best bang 4 your buck. just one pack per day.

AND GET ON SOME JOINT SUPPORT. gnc triflex is great. im 21 yrs post no joint issues, and i abuse my shoulders.

stay driven man, u can be ind. its tough but trust me you will be glad u did it. never give up.

hey man on a side note. my wife and i will be in your neck of the woods saturday for the crue and hinder concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuna View Post
    I felt it the next morning! i slept like a log that night too

as far as supps ... i take cranberry pills, a mens multi from Vitamin Shoppe, and I just started with whey protien powder after my workout

Fuente - Is there anything else I should take?? should i take protien before or after?

I got the go ahead from workers comp to start buying stuff for my GTX - I have been looking @ equip forum and I have my "wish list" of what i want!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i'm 6' and around 190-195 ... i was around 225 pre-injury - when i got home from rehab i was really thin up top - now that i am pushing more weight and doing my arm bike almost daily my upper body is really coming back - which makes my wife happy

I checked out the animal pak site - is it a powder or a tablet? Im gonna pick up the 15 pak to try - does it mess with bowels/urine??

some days are really tough to get going! but i am too young to depend on people! and I cant wait to prove my dr's & therapists wrong .... in a good way

I live above Philly... you're coming all the way out here?!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

four hours of really steep hilly nordic sit-skiing. were'e getting those "sping conditions" Arndog told me about and i was checking out the meadows - cool! i might have to explore some of the giant meadows arount here if i can get up really early! Steve.

THE AP DOESNT DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE YOUR PEE NEON. ind is key to a happy life... dont ever get lazy easy is not better.

yup we will be in erie for the concert.

DO NOT SIT IN A PC. that is the kiss of dependance, just look around here you'll see what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuna View Post
    i'm 6' and around 190-195 ... i was around 225 pre-injury - when i got home from rehab i was really thin up top - now that i am pushing more weight and doing my arm bike almost daily my upper body is really coming back - which makes my wife happy

I checked out the animal pak site - is it a powder or a tablet? Im gonna pick up the 15 pak to try - does it mess with bowels/urine??

some days are really tough to get going! but i am too young to depend on people! and I cant wait to prove my dr's & therapists wrong .... in a good way

I live above Philly... you're coming all the way out here?!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Hey Steve Garro - that is great you got out nordic skiing. Were you off piste or at a track? If the off-piste is setting up nicely, yeah, get out there at sunrise and you can get 2 hours of firm skiing before the sun bakes it.
    We were able to do that in May one year at Mt. Rose Meadows outside of Tahoe. - Then it is still 7 months of withdrawal till the next ski season (I am hopelessly hooked).

Today - 1.5 hr of crutch walking

Fri and Sat - each day - 3 hr sitski at the local nordic center - 17 miles covered each day. My arms are cooked, and there is a warm storm coming through - rain to 8000 ft. Perfect rest day from skiing.
    My dog was appreciative of the walk today.

Fuente - I like your posts..... and your 'tude

Rhyang - I posted about my firearms tests in recreation forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Hey Steve Garro - that is great you got out nordic skiing. Were you off piste or at a track? If the off-piste is setting up nicely, yeah, get out there at sunrise and you can get 2 hours of firm skiing before the sun bakes it.
    We were able to do that in May one year at Mt. Rose Meadows outside of Tahoe. - Then it is still 7 months of withdrawal till the next ski season (I am hopelessly hooked).

Today - 1.5 hr of crutch walking

Fri and Sat - each day - 3 hr sitski at the local nordic center - 17 miles covered each day. My arms are cooked
    how "hilly" is it where you ski? man, there is allot of altitude gain at the local center /www.flagstaffnordiccenter.com/trails.php and 17 miles there would WASTE me.......you must be in mighty good shape! Steve.

Steve -yes, we are doing the most flat trails we can find. Yes, our area has nasty hills and the first few years I thought I had to grunt up them. Now I realize that it isn't as fun as sticking to the flat or gradual hills at all. Secondly, descending in is a non articulating sitski is not pleasurable so one more reason to stick to flatter terrain. There is NO WAY I could have done 17 mi. on hills. I would say that our altitude gain for that was 1000 ft maximum. We have a 3.5 mi loop that is mostly flat and we did 4 laps of that plus getting to the loop and back.....

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Steve -yes, we are doing the most flat trails we can find. Yes, our area has nasty hills and the first few years I thought I had to grunt up them. Now I realize that it isn't as fun as sticking to the flat or gradual hills at all. Secondly, descending in is a non articulating sitski is not pleasurable so one more reason to stick to flatter terrain. There is NO WAY I could have done 17 mi. on hills. I would say that our altitude gain for that was 1000 ft maximum. We have a 3.5 mi loop that is mostly flat and we did 4 laps of that plus getting to the loop and back.....
    gotcha - i took you for a tough guy, but i though you were going superhuman on me or sumthin! i did do some mighty fine descending, but i also did one hill that dropped 400' or so i a little over a K. and it was pretty exciting, to say the least!!! went up some hills that had me in the red zone, bigtime........ Steve.

Training for state and then national masters track cycing events at the moment, and as soon as they are done I have 1 month to prepare for national paracycling road champs. So I'm into some serious training right now with much higher intensity than I am used to (aiming for the 500m time trial and 3k pursuit on the track so working on short intervals at lactic threshold - OUCHIES!!). Holding up OK so far although I find fatigue the biggest factor at the moment training 6 days a week, often two sessions a day and trying to still be productive on the PhD. Would have been easier 20 years ago but for some silly reason I still enjoy it.

[QUOTE=arndog;1008220]Fuente - I like your posts..... and your 'tude

QUOTE]
    thx man. i think we r carved from the same stone, lol. i practice what i preach.

i love helping ppl who want to better themselves.

rock on man.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com