Page 28 of 497 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Did the amputee only have one crampon? (I hope this isn't a dumb question - he could be using a prosthesis).
    Did you hit the Ouray hot springs pool?
    She was actually wearing a plastic boot on one foot, and some kind of prosthesis on the other with a crampon attached to it. I took some pictures, but they didn't come out very well. It looked a lot like this though -

No hot springs for me -- I'm just not that hedonistic

I have been continuing on with nordic sitskiing, upright nordic skiing, snow shoeing, and crutch walking with my dog. Just did a 3.5 hour snowshoe by myself. It was 2 degrees F at 8am in Truckee this am. Burr. Did 2 toastie toe chemical warmers on my bad leg plus polarguard pants. Truckee has gotten good snow yesterday and we are in a good storm track. Finally.
    So last week I did 17 hours of aerobic stuff. A big week. I am not posting each workout cause they are beginning to be the same - Groundhog day - works for me depending on the day of course!
    I added up the sitski mileage so far this season and it is over 200 miles of double poling.
    I have 25 'ski' days in so far - looking like a good season.
    Well that is my story....
    have a good day !
    jon
    Oh man, that is f*ing cold !! So happy the Sierra is finally getting more snow .. maybe we in the bay area won't be water rationing this summer after all

More cycling. Switched to a new training program which is really about trying to get a qualifying time on the track to be considered for paracycling world champs. I'm very apprehensive about the whole thing, its happening very quickly, but I kind of like the challenge.

Still having a lot of hip and back pain and stiffness though - right up through the thoracic spine and into my neck (I'm 'damaged' down at L4 and below) - which seems to come from the way I walk. Not a problem at all riding but if I'm going to be lifting the training intensity I have to try and manage it. Wondering if its time to bite the bullet and get a walking stick? I've noticed if I'm walking next to my bike and leaning on it a little on the good side, my walking improves out of sight.

This is a week's entry:
    Scrub the grout in the laundry room on hands and knees with soap and water.
    Snowshoe with poles - 3.5 hr
    Elliptical trainer -1.5 hr
    Stationary bike - 1.5 hr
    Standup nordic ski ( very limited) but psychologically great - 5 hrs - 2 times
    Sitdown nordic sitski 4 hrs - 2 times
    About 15 hours of aerobics this week. It is a lot of volume for someone in their 6th decade.
    Been neglecting stretching - mistake

Did lift food from the refrigerator, I think. Not much I know, but did it.

Nice work everyone ! Been so rainy here lately that I've been just doing yoga, stretching, core, etc. and going to the climbing gym / using their ellipticals.

I used to like hiking & biking in the rain, but post-injury not so much

Fortunately with all this rain the mountains are getting lots of snow, which is good. Sounds like some good powder days for you skiers Hoping to get up there some after the avy hazard drops down and the roads aren't so crazy ..

Sat: bench press drop sets. worked up to 225 for reps then drop 10lbs, add a rep till i hit bare bar for 25 reps, then light tricepts and done, yesterday was cardio and abs

I must say that all of you are making this AB mom feel pretty lazy! Great job, everyone!

motomed upper extremity 30min.

I joined a gym here in Asheville called Biltmore fitness. I am working on a Kenesis wall and doing about 8 miles on a hand bike. Workout M-F for about 2 and half hours.

Kenesis wall:

T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

I've been up for about an hour now, so going on 4 transfers, & pushed up a ramp
    that is not up to code.