Page 26 of 497 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

live2ride - what is your Phd about?
    That is good you can ride that much and still work on a Phd.
    Fishingguy - that is so cool that you can add walking to your exercise routine. Just keep increasing it as tolerated - you probably will be standing up casting for trout soon.
    Garro - I read your blog. Nice groveling there on the sandstone. Long ride.

Today -
    2 hours sitskiing nordic
    and .5 hour standup nordic (very primitive) on flat terrain.
    It is sunny California weather up here in Truckee where the nordic center is.

Ive been so wrapped up in work that other than rugby practices Sat,Sundays and Wednesdays ive done nothing..havnt touched the weights or saratoga in probably 2 weeks...SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    live2ride - what is your Phd about?
    That is good you can ride that much and still work on a Phd.
    My PhD is in environmental science - using satellite imagery to model vegetation response in large wetlands. We have some amazing wetland systems in Australia that are shrinking at an alarming rate due to competing water demands. One of my biggest problems since injury is sitting still for any length of time and concentrating. It remains to be seen whether I can put in the training I will need to for cycling AND finish the thesis on time.

40km road race this morning and was very good and did 20 mins stretching afterwards.

I got the handcycle out of storage this afternoon since there seems to more warm weekends than not.

Did about 10-12 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Glad you are not slacking off My395. What is your plan to lose weight?
    My plan has been to eat right and get some exercise. I was not feeling too well in the Fall and missed out on the exercise.

I tend to add muscle when I go to the gym and probably need to do less weight and more reps.

Looking forward to spring and more time on the handcycle. My wife and I are in escrow for a new house and I plan on getting a trainer for the bike as soon as we move in. We have been living in an RV since moving to Bishop. Actually, we have been in the RV for two years, but traveled for nearly a year before coming to Bishop.

I was 220lbs a year ago. I’m down to about 200 now. End goal is 170-180 range.

One hour at the gym this morning and 21 miles on the handcycle this afternoon.

Saturday: Bench , chest, tri's.

Sun, 40 min of cardio, ab work

tonight, shoulders and biceps.

B

My 395 - 21 miles of handcycling! Thats awesome. How fast do you crank it up to - I imagine it must be a lot harder work than regular cycling?

1.5 hours on the bike this morning with squad training. Straight to work today so no time for stretching/strengthening exercises although might sneak some in during the day.

500m swim, 10 min upright bike, legs (weights), pull-ups, dips

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    My 395 - 21 miles of handcycling! Thats awesome. How fast do you crank it up to - I imagine it must be a lot harder work than regular cycling?
    On level ground I probably don't get over 13-15 mph. Maybe 17 in a sprint. To slow to ride with regular cyclists.

Hills are killer. Even small hills are tough. I weigh almost 200lbs and that is a lot to pull uphill with just my arms.

My longest ride was 32 miles and I was beat. I like the long distance stuff and would like to do 100 miles someday.

What I would really like to do is Sadler’s Alaska Challenge someday. http://www.sadlersakchallenge.org/ I'm WAY off from being ready though.