Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    I did ab crunches !
    Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    I did ab crunches !
    You crushed an able body person? Nice.

14 nordic sitski days to date. Planning on a circumnavigation of Crater Lake on sit skis during a high pressure period. That would be a first that no one really cares about -33 miles around the lake. 3 day trip probably. It is all talk at this point but how cool would that be. Maybe in late March....

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    You crushed an able body person? Nice.

14 nordic sitski days to date. Planning on a circumnavigation of Crater Lake on sit skis during a high pressure period. That would be a first that no one really cares about -33 miles around the lake. 3 day trip probably. It is all talk at this point but how cool would that be. Maybe in late March....
    Hay keep me informed about Crater lake. Would love to drive up and see that. Crater lake is about a 3 hour drive from here, if you can get in from the north, longer if you have to go around to the south.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Hi All, just finished up 50 mins on the treadmill. Even though this week was very busy, I managed to keep up with toning one day and cardio the next, with one rest day. Been doing a lot of ab work and I can tell the difference when standing.

TexasWheelz, nice start on your new fitness routine! Make sure you get some rest in between all the new activity. Outdoor gyms are really fun and I'm glad you have one in your area.

C3olin8, nice job!

Flying, the spring peepers are a few months off for us but I know what you mean. Once they get started...sheesh.

Arndog, I hope you keep a journal of your Crater Lake trip and share it with us. I used to backpack and really miss the backcountry trails. I would enjoy hearing about your adventure.

Went rolling in a kneeling race chair today, wow, that's a whole different ball game.
    Last edited by TexasWheelz; 02-25-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Most everything I say is

TexasWheelz - kneeling W/C looks cool if you can find a comfortable position - I didn't know it was a ball sport though ;-)

Day 15 Nordic sitski, hill repeats. Now go to crutch walk Jasper, the english pointer. Tonight concert of all Beethoven 5 cello sonatas back to back. Now that is what I am talking about. This may turn out to be a very great day, if I can keep the pain at bay.

Good job everyone for keeping fit.

Went to swim practice this morning and for kicks used the heart monitor.
    The 229 max heart rate is a signal connection error. I don’t think my heart will beat that fast!
    There is a gentleman that has been swimming with us the last couple of weeks that is battling Parkinson's.
    I don’t see myself as overly competitive but, don’t like being last either!
    Creating some sore spots trying to keep up!
    Last edited by Jett; 02-26-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: sp

Master's swim this morning, handcycling this afternoon. I missed the sweet spot of the day; by the time I went out on the bike the wind was pretty ferocious. It was a good day for riding east, but all the other directions sucked.

I had a short, low yardage swim this morning because I was worried about my lane partner. We are the two slowest swimmers, but he's normally a smidge faster than I am. He's in his 60s, an endurance runner and bicyclist, so very fit. Today he was having trouble answering questions and remembering things, he was swimming into the middle of the lane, and he was much slower than me. Luckily one of the other swimmers is a doctor and came over and talked to him a little bit - he didn't think it was a stroke, and my husband and I left the workout to drive our friend home. He improved once we got some food and OJ into him, and he promises to see his doctor this week. It's scary when something like that happens!

I actually did some light leg lifts today, I haven't been able to do that without tremendous pain in a few years. My lower hip would crunch when trying and then shooting pains would set in for a few days. This Tram seems to be doing a good job. I didn't do too many, am anxious to see how I feel tomorrow.