Page 24 of 497 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

20 mins modified core strengthening, gluts, hammies, hips. With physio we figured out that I still lack stability to do anything that rotates the lower spine or pelvis so taken that out for now.
    10 mins stretching

Cycling - 3rd in club criterium race last night 30 mins in 35C (thats about 95F I think) heat. Have been provisionally classified for paracycling so aiming for our National road championships in May as well as Masters track championships in April.

Rhyang - are you going with the gimps on ice or on your own?
    L2R - I didn't realize that you are famous in the Aussie cycling world. Nice.
    Claire - nice to meet you. I have skied a lot. Glad you are getting in to it. Where did you ski indoors?

Today -
    Nordic Sitski - 2.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    L2R - I didn't realize that you are famous in the Aussie cycling world. Nice.
    I'm definately not! Just figure there lots of things I can't do any more, so might as well take any opportunity that presents itself. It remains to be seen whether I am actually competitive, or can sustain a decent training regime without the body letting me down (bit long in the tooth to be starting this journey I think!).

Keep those snow/ice pictures rolling - looks like we are in for a heatwave down here.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I'm definately not! Just figure there lots of things I can't do any more, so might as well take any opportunity that presents itself. It remains to be seen whether I am actually competitive, or can sustain a decent training regime without the body letting me down (bit long in the tooth to be starting this journey I think!).

Keep those snow/ice pictures rolling - looks like we are in for a heatwave down here.

Not if it means being house bound for 2 days! damn ice!

Brock

I shoveled my drive and the elderly couples drive across the street from me that was a hip and lower back burner later I will do my regular daily work out and stretches.

I remember shoveling snow - hard work !!

Congrats L2R !

Jon / Claire - sounds like fun, I am jealous on my slowshoes

I'm actually going to Ouray with a friend in about a week, with any luck. The only adaptive equipment I'm using is a lighter pair of ice tools -- my quarks are just too heavy to swing accurately with my left arm, at least for right now. Anyhow, I've been lusting at some of the newer leashless hardware - gear geek, sorry

Plus, those Gimps On Ice folks are athletes -- I'm just a hobbyist

Yesterday - 2.5 hour nordic sitski average hr 123
    Today - REST

Rhyang - getting lowered into Ouray's raging gorge is a cool experience. It is very picturesque. Have that camera ready when you are lowered in there. We also did a fun moderate climb called "Skylight". It is up towards Yankee Boy Basin road. Back in the day !

I did a lot of workout recently, this week – 2-3 days, this early start of this nice week. I was at a hotel for three days (attending a conference), -well one of the nights I had an accident, felt some pressure early on, but didn’t pay any attention (like always), but during the night I wake up shitting in the whole bed, could not react getting myself to the bathroom quickly enough. So? I did “the exercise”, got up, took all the sheets to the shower and showered it to minimalilse the hotel clerk works, showered myself, all crap, plastic chair to switch over from my wheelchair into the shower in the middle of the night enough close to me, all during night, enough said. Did I manage and shine the next day? - travelling on one our own has some challenges. I bet I have had more challenges and exercises these three days then pushing some led up an down in a gym. Gym is hiding.

Talking Sci-fit client work out

Here is one of our client's working out at SCI-FIT. He's had a lot of improvement and continues to work hard towards his goals. Just thought some of you might get some ideas for your own workouts.
    Keep working hard!!! It's worth it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vsXaSbkhSE

SCI fit yourself.