Page 20 of 497 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Still just riding. Intentions to do other exercise is there but just hasn't happened yet but my physio is going to do a full assessment of which muscle groups are doing what and we will work out what I need to work on.

Yesterday 75km road cycling including 37km hilly road race.

Today drove 3hrs with a friend to try out a real velodrome (wooden indoor track) and had a blast going round and round in circles. Sort of mesmerising and the speed is great, but doesn't quite replace the scenery of being out of town on the road. Haven't quite mastered the dismount on a fixed track bike yet either so hit the concrete once just rolling to a stop (oops).

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    Still just riding. Intentions to do other exercise is there but just hasn't happened yet but my physio is going to do a full assessment of which muscle groups are doing what and we will work out what I need to work on.

Yesterday 75km road cycling including 37km hilly road race.

Today drove 3hrs with a friend to try out a real velodrome (wooden indoor track) and had a blast going round and round in circles. Sort of mesmerising and the speed is great, but doesn't quite replace the scenery of being out of town on the road. Haven't quite mastered the dismount on a fixed track bike yet either so hit the concrete once just rolling to a stop (oops).
    damn, man - it sounds like you are doing great! what deficits do you even have? rock on, steve.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    cavemuscle ,AlexAgain ,rhyang, Danine ,live2ride ,LaMemChose ,My395,dunwawry,jessie.gray ,pararich,fuentejp,exqusit1 ,Surf_Sister ,DeadEye,Rbrauer,Buck_Nastier,alpentalic,stephen21 ,gvinton,graybeard,Shaun,forestranger52 ,darrel,Imight,RJP,wheelz1989,coolbreeze,josh a,divin'darren,Leif ,Hunker,woman from Europe
    ,XYNaPSE,Them Bones ,knightrider ,JenJen,Ashley,Riaanhlh,Para-trooper,steve garro

Thanks for all your posts. There must be other folks working out hopefully.
    Today
    Standup nordic ski - 45 mins Yeah - gettin better all the time....
    sitski nordic 2.5 hours 15 miles
    crutch walk w/Jasper, the dog 1 hr
    lie in bed by 7pm with bad neuropathic pain from overdoing it - 2 hours (ooops, that is not an exercise)

Yesterday- Saturday
    standup nordic ski 45 min
    sitski nordic 3 hours 20 miles - totally cooked by this

Friday
    crutch walk 1,5 hr
    stationary bike .5 hr

Hey Brock, was your umbilical hernia caused by lifting?
    Ashley, how often are you playing rugby?
    Rbrauer, still doing sets with the bar?
    Hernia happened on a wreck diving trip to the Great Lakes. Dive Boat monkeys brought a swim ladder instead of a dive ladder, they tried to help me back on by grabbing the manifold bar on my double tanks, I shouted no, and they dropped me on my stomach on the gunwhale of the boat. I have a pic of me on the deck writhing in agony. I fought with insurance for 5 years until we got it fixed last August. I can actually sit up without looking like a wallowing cow.

No training this week aside from light maintenance, I'm going up to Wichita for WC Sports indoor sports fest, and some of my posse are competing in the NASA Nationals Sunday, I get to help them wrestle into their gear. (JOY he said sarcasticly).

Racing frame should be here this week- YAAYYYYYYY

Brock

I have basketball practice tonight, so I won't do any separate cardio. I'll move some metal before practice to get a quick pump.

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    damn, man - it sounds like you are doing great! what deficits do you even have? rock on, steve.
    I'm pretty lucky I know - no movement at all below the knee on one leg and about 4/5 for hammie and gluts on that side. The BB issues don't really effect ability on a bike. I can walk with an AFO and a bad limp but not very far and not very fast. Since I was told that I was unlikely to recover much more and realised my other sports were no longer an option I have really thrown myself into the cycling scene and have amazed myself sometimes how far I have come. The race on the weekend I maintained a HR around 168-174 for over an hour (I am 41 yo female with a max HR of 180) - a year ago it would have been 145 if I was lucky.

I am really jealous of your snow though - the forecast here is for 33-35C for the next week or so and the heat really knocks me around.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I'm pretty lucky I know - no movement at all below the knee on one leg and about 4/5 for hammie and gluts on that side. The BB issues don't really effect ability on a bike. I can walk with an AFO and a bad limp but not very far and not very fast. Since I was told that I was unlikely to recover much more and realised my other sports were no longer an option I have really thrown myself into the cycling scene and have amazed myself sometimes how far I have come. The race on the weekend I maintained a HR around 168-174 for over an hour (I am 41 yo female with a max HR of 180) - a year ago it would have been 145 if I was lucky.

I am really jealous of your snow though - the forecast here is for 33-35C for the next week or so and the heat really knocks me around.
    right on! may i inform you that you totally kick ass! i raced bikes rabidly for 20yrs and miss it quite allot! not all just snow here. we can drop 4000ft in 25 miles. i got in a 4.5 hour ride in yesterday on my one-off handcycle in the beautiful red rock desert of sedona - it put me on the couch. i'll post some pics tonight here: www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com keep kicking ass - all of you! steve.

Love your work Steve! I got sucked into the whole carbon fibre thing (I do love my Pinarello though - sweet bike) but starting to look at some of the custom made-to-measure steel road bikes out there and some of them really are beautiful bikes. Not that much heavier than the carbon fibre but the guys swear by them in terms of ride quality and they last forever. Maybe one day.....

sunday
    1 hr tromp through the snow with the puppies.
    10 min elliptical
    20 min strength training
    10 min treadmill - speed 2.0 - first time I have had it that fast.
    harness on for treadmill and elliptical

I tried the trekking poles for walking in the snow but didn't work out. I guess I put more weight on my right crutch than I thought because I kept falling over that way. Maybe next year.

Alex - good work on increasing to '2.0' on the treadmill. Did you ever figure out if it were km or miles?
    I am sorry the trekking poles didn't work - YET - next year you will revisit them and who knows?
    T Bone - what do you do for cardio if you are not playing BBall?

My report -
    Yesterday - total rest, nothing
    Today - 2 hours Standup Nordic Ski

Yesterday shoulders, I upped a bit of the resistance on the dips.

this am 40 min cardio and ab work, leg lifts, crunches, and twists.