Page 2 of 494 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    C'mon Tbone, Danine !
    I just finished a 32 page paper.

Does that count for exercising my brain???

OK, back to topic...
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

stretched, stretched, stretched, want to go to the massage therapist but I really need to do some more shopping at the mall. Im procrastinating because I know the holiday crowd is in full effect over the weekend. blah.

Nothing for me today but I did go to the gym yesterday for about 40 minutes.

It is getting too cold to ride the handcycle and I don't have an indoor place to set it up right now. I guess that means back to the gym and the local pool.

Motivation is tough but maybe this thread will help. Back to the gym tomorrow I guess.

How is everyone measuring heart rate? One of those wristwatch type devices or are you just checking it from time-to-time?

Entry level wristwatch HR monitors are the way to go and they have come way down in price - I think they are under 100 now - a - days.

1 hr. chair dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    I just finished a 32 page paper.

Does that count for exercising my brain???

OK, back to topic...

When you're Dr. Danine you'll have plenty of time to exercise. In the interim, perhaps you can work in additional activity here and there when you need breaks from writing and research.

The winter break should provide ample opportunity to establish an exercise program.

I had a christmas party today so all I exercised was my mouth! I will need double workouts all week to counteract the calories.
    about heartrates - I can exercise hard for 45 min and my heartrate barely changes - never gets above 90 - is that a problem?
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    When you're Dr. Danine you'll have plenty of time to exercise. In the interim, perhaps you can work in additional activity here and there when you need breaks from writing and research.

The winter break should provide ample opportunity to establish an exercise program.
    All righty, LeMem...since I've officially been called out twice, I just packed my gym bag. That's one step closer than I've been in quite some time. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually make it to the pool.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I've been working on my left leg, to see if I can strengthen the muscles involved in frontpointing in time for ice season (assuming I can overcome the thermoregulation problem). Last season I found it hard to kick steps in snow with that leg without crampons on. Someone on a climbing forum recently suggested seated leg raises with ankle weights, and standing knee extensions with a theraband.

So for the last several weeks I've been doing three sets of 30 each. Started with 2.5 pound ankle weights, up to about 3.5 now. I do those every day. I think it's helping the stability of that leg when I hike and walk, too.

Did my usual stretching / yoga / core work, then went to the climbing gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Burned ~320 calories & got heart rate to about 160-ish. Then bouldered for about an hour (which I suck at, usually can only do V1-V2's, but that hasn't really changed ).

btw Does anyone else feel weaker when a storm / cold front passes through ? I've read about people having increased nerve pain when that happens, but not for me.

Sounds like the Sierra's gonna get a couple of feet out of the next couple of storms Jon

Alex - I was told in rehab that damage to the cervical area (actually anything above T6) can result in problems with the autonomic nervous system, making it difficult to raise one's heart rate. I guess I'm incomplete enough not to have this particular problem. I think this thread might be of some use.