Page 19 of 497 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Shoulders with my usual killer dips drop sets at the end. Felt kinda puny all day from poor nutrition so will see if I'm up for cardio later today, or just wait for my Y membership to kick in and do the early bird adult swim.

Any wc racers about or folks interested?

Brock

Cave/Brock - do you suspend weight off your waist for dips? - I used to do them with 35 lb off my waist. That probably made up for my atrophied leg muscles.... Got to love dips. Crutch walking is really short range of motion dips.
    I don't wc race - I'll take the gears and the handling of a handcycle. Plus it is so frackin' hilly here, and I am a recreationalist (sounds like a religion - wait a second... it is ! !) and don't race.
    Today -
    1. Just got out of the garage for a 35 minute interval w/o on the handcycle on the mag trainer. Six 2 min on/2min rest . 30min 2on/2off interval times 6 - Best bang for your buck.
    2. Crutch walk w, Jasper - 104 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4.4 miles in a tshirt it is so warm today.
    3. 15 min elliptical
    Now 2. and 3. really flare up the neuropathic burning. I don't think it has anything to do with the expression 'feel the burn'....
    Last edited by arndog; 01-15-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: did more stuff

I shoveled a trail from the front of my house to the back alley through 2 1/2 feet of snow. i'd say thats enough workout for the week!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Cave/Brock - do you suspend weight off your waist for dips? - I used to do them with 35 lb off my waist. That probably made up for my atrophied leg muscles.... Got to love dips. Crutch walking is really short range of motion dips.
    I don't wc race - I'll take the gears and the handling of a handcycle. Plus it is so frackin' hilly here, and I am a recreationalist (sounds like a religion - wait a second... it is ! !) and don't race.
    Today -
    1. Just got out of the garage for a 35 minute interval w/o on the handcycle on the mag trainer. Six 2 min on/2min rest . 30min 2on/2off interval times 6 - Best bang for your buck.
    2. Crutch walk w, Jasper - 104 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4.4 miles in a tshirt it is so warm today.
    3. 15 min elliptical
    Now 2. and 3. really flare up the neuropathic burning. I don't think it has anything to do with the expression 'feel the burn'....

Definitly with weights. i'm working on getting as strong a take off as possible.

handcycling is in the future, once this credit mess is over . i'd love a schmicking kneeler but those are one off custom and over 6 grand.

Yesterday
    10 min treadmill - no harness - speed was 1.4 but not sure if it is miles or km
    45 min strength training on nautalis equipment - focus hips/quads/gluts/shoulders/lats
    10 min elliptical - in harness - I think I could do it without the harness but with it on I can work harder without worrying about falling off.
    10 min Estim on right arm

when I was in cuba I did a ton of swimming with flippers on and it really worked my legs. I also went for some crazy hobie kat rides which were definitely a core workout (trying not to fall off). I tried a pedal boat but couldn't get enough power to go anywhere. the sand was a nuisance for sure - I scraped my knees and tops of my feet from crawling on it.

Had my first bunch ride with the new AFO brace and it felt great. Stiffer and better fitting than the old one and actually felt I was getting some power to the pedal on that leg today. Around 50km all up at an average speed of around 29 km/hr. Got cut off in a sprint and hit the dirt at about 60km/hr, bit shaken but managed to stay upright somehow.

Also did some work with the physio and she had a look at the hip/buttock muscles and thinks there is definately some problems there that I need to work on.

Today -
    Nordic sitski - 26 km (17 miles) I love California, warm, sunny days nordic sitskiing.(I am in the mustard windbreaker). It doesn't get much better in my book...... Avg hr 112, mostly talking pace with my bro', Mark Wellman....
    Steve Garro - I checked out your blog. Great photos, 3 hours cranking the one off with your 3 best friends, 2 dogs and one wife. Great view of I assume Mt. Humphreys? One of the sacred Navajo Mountains. BTW, I have summited one of the sacred peaks, Shiprock. Maybe that is why I was struck down by the gods with SCI
    Last edited by arndog; 01-15-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Today -
    Nordic sitski - 26 km (17 miles) I love California, warm, sunny days nordic sitskiing.(I am in the mustard windbreaker). It doesn't get much better in my book...... Avg hr 112, mostly talking pace with my bro', Mark Wellman....
    Steve Garro - I checked out your blog. Great photos, 3 hours cranking the one off with your 3 best friends, 2 dogs and one wife. Great view of I assume Mt. Humphreys? One of the sacred Navajo Mountains. BTW, I have summited one of the sacred peaks, Shiprock. Maybe that is why I was struck down by the gods with SCI
    SWEEET! i'm not big on cold weather or winter sports except for sledding/luge but that looks fun!

Light on dead lift last night, but lats and traps are definitly stronger!now it's time to push me into an anabolic state and get them to grow abit. I lost a good deal of size when i had my umbilical hernia op in August.

cavemuscle ,AlexAgain ,rhyang, Danine ,live2ride ,LaMemChose ,My395,dunwawry,jessie.gray ,pararich,fuentejp,exqusit1 ,Surf_Sister ,DeadEye,Rbrauer,Buck_Nastier,alpentalic,stephen21 ,gvinton,graybeard,Shaun,forestranger52 ,darrel,Imight,RJP,wheelz1989,coolbreeze,josh a,divin'darren,Leif ,Hunker,woman from Europe
    ,XYNaPSE,Them Bones ,knightrider ,JenJen,Ashley,Riaanhlh,Para-trooper,steve garro

Thanks for all your posts. There must be other folks working out hopefully.
    Today
    Standup nordic ski - 45 mins Yeah - gettin better all the time....
    sitski nordic 2.5 hours 15 miles
    crutch walk w/Jasper, the dog 1 hr
    lie in bed by 7pm with bad neuropathic pain from overdoing it - 2 hours (ooops, that is not an exercise)

Yesterday- Saturday
    standup nordic ski 45 min
    sitski nordic 3 hours 20 miles - totally cooked by this

Friday
    crutch walk 1,5 hr
    stationary bike .5 hr

Hey Brock, was your umbilical hernia caused by lifting?
    Ashley, how often are you playing rugby?
    Rbrauer, still doing sets with the bar?