Thread: What workout did you do today?

hey feisty ! No need for Alpine scenery shots. Glad you are working out on the other side of the hill from me. Keep it up and start posting what your doing.

Today - nordic sitski in am. 17.6 miles.

Good job, feisty! No need to wait for Alpine anything.

I haven't been posting, either, because I don't do Alpine anything, and it's been kind of hard to get out on the handcycle, what with all that pesky snow and ice.

I have been getting some racing wheelchair trainer time in, but that's unbelievably boring.

Today at the job site (inside large commercial building) using my hiking sticks to work my way to the center of the room. I looked down at the blue print of the cubicles to be built and without thinking long enough, I went to a knee than sat by the plans. I'm sitting in the middle of 10,00 sqf of carpet and the nearest wall to drag my ass up off the floor is a mile away.

I'm sure I've gotten up off the floor in the gym, oh yea I always seem to use a weight machine of some sort. I'm not going to baby crawl in front of a dozen other contractors to pull myself up a wall. No, I proceed to look like a new born giraffe with my hiking sticks collapsing slowly under the weight of me pulling myself up to a spastic stance.

One of the hardest 3 minute workouts I've had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gvinton View Post
    Likely have a torn rotator cuff...

I've been trying to work out around this but it sucks! Can't even sleep on my right side. If I have surgery I'm probably done for 6 months. What to do...?
    I would suggest walking, ride a bike if you can and as part of rehab, swim.

I had my shoulder done in 2009 and the pain before surgery was much more of a set back than the pain post op.

You are pretty mobile, just keep moving. Best of luck with the surgery.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Back from two weeks of working on our desert house, some paddling, fishing and four one-off rides. Doing shorter desert rides {2-2.5hrs} to keep the shoulders happy. The red rock is harder to ride, more ledgy "power moves" then the forest.

I started working out 5 weeks ago again and using my standing frame. I had way to many months of saying " tomorrow I will start ". I am now in full swing and look forward to exhausting myself. This thread is an inspiration !!

Nice work Mikek!

Yesterdays' downhill skiing wipped me and today I feel new trunk muscles!!

More rehab needed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ6gN9LEL_A

aweseome sitski
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Yesterday - nordic sitski with Mark Wellman 25 miles (40Km).
    Today - nordic sitski with Mark Wellman and my Urologist 15 miles (24 Km). Clearly, super fast conditions (old frozen snow at 30 degrees).
    Storm on its way to the Sierras and I will have a bunch of days to rest up while the wind howls and it snows more. Then it will be back to more work and less mileage. It's all good though.

Went 2 hours of quadding
    Was good for the soul