Thread: What workout did you do today?

3hrs singletrack riding on my one off - great flowers!

Steve - Great photo, great sky, blue sky. Still water, sandstone. Ouch, it is so beautiful it hurts. I am so envious of your life near the GC and canyon country.

Today - 6 hour crutch hike along the 'Tahoe Rim Trail' with 3 AB friends. Trying to keep up at their pace. 12 miles, 2 mph. Still snow seen on the west side of the lake in Desolation Wilderness.

Great pictures!

I clearly need to get out more!
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

25 miles on crushed stone towpath, killer workout. myself and my training partners are all feeling it today
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Back home after three weeks training and then competing at world paracycling champs in Canada. Personally I'm a little disappointed in how I went but I gave it 100% and will be back stronger and faster I'm sure. The event itself was really well run and the support around the course was fantastic. Biggest crowd I've ever seen for a paracycling event. A great video of the event can be seen at the link below if you are interested. The climb in the course is the most challenging ever for a para event and found it pretty tough - massive respect to the handcyclists who were racing.

http://www.escapades.tv/video/viewvi...ie-comeau.html

four hours non-stop on singletrack. it hurt so good i just layed on the couch & moaned for the rest of the day. barely a trail at times, 1000ft of climbing. ouch-y! - Garro.

just to show it wasn't all groveling! - Garro.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    Back home after three weeks training and then competing at world paracycling champs in Canada. Personally I'm a little disappointed in how I went but I gave it 100% and will be back stronger and faster I'm sure. The event itself was really well run and the support around the course was fantastic. Biggest crowd I've ever seen for a paracycling event. A great video of the event can be seen at the link below if you are interested. The climb in the course is the most challenging ever for a para event and found it pretty tough - massive respect to the handcyclists who were racing.

http://www.escapades.tv/video/viewvi...ie-comeau.html
    Thanks for the link to the video, and congratulations on your achievements!

L2R - that is an excellent video. I can't believe the one legged peddling cyclists with high aka's. And those trikes were interesting. I never saw those upright cycling trikes with what looks like 27 inch wheels on the back. Hope they don't tip over... it looks like a long way to the ground.
    It is also interesting to see everyone in those super reclined handcycles except for a few kneelers.

Steve great photos as usual but I think if you had camo facial makeup and camo clothes, it would look cool coming out of those bushes....

I tweaked my elbow and have been avoid handcycling. I still have been doing crutch hiking around Tahoe. Can't seem to get enough...

The trikes are basically normal upright racing bikes with two rear wheels. Athletes whose balance is impaired but who can still pedal with their legs ride them (typically severe CP, TBI/strokes but I can imagine an incomplete quad/para with some leg strength could possible ride one if they couldn't balance on a single bike). Can be a bit scary watching them trying to corner - one wonders whether they would be better off in a recumbant trike with a bit more stability but having said that, they do an amazing job. One thing I really like about the video is the athletisism of all the riders/handcyclists.

The handcyclists are divided into 4 classifications - the kneelers (H4) are the least disabled and basically anyone that can kneel has to kneel, then the lower paraplegics with good trunk control (H3), higher level para's with little trunk (H2) and quads (H1).