Page 15 of 497 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: What workout did you do today?

Rhyang - Oops, Banff is in Alberta, but so close to BC. That was a test to see if anyone actually read my post ! Clearly my memory of the good old days is fading. Your picture looks like some good plastic ice, mmmm.
    Today-
    30 min stationary cycle
    60 min elliptical
    60 min crutch walk

I'm going to post for my dad, because I'm proud of him today for what he pushed himself to do.

45 minutes of stretching and core work at home, then....
    30 minutes exercise in the pool
    30 minutes with a little bodyweight support on the treadmill (tough today...)
    45 minutes core exercises on the mat

And then he stood for 59 seconds perfectly erect without holding onto anything. And then he did that again for 65 seconds.

And he walked everywhere with his walker.... That's the toughest exercise, I think.

hlh - great effort by your dad. It is so true that after he finishes his 'exercise' , he starts exercise again just using the walker. I bet if you put a heart rate monitor on him, you would find out just how hard an effort he is putting in using his walker around the house.
    I have found that sometimes my HR is higher walking to the stationary bike than it is while on it.

Big day for me. I did something I haven't done in 7 years. I climbed up 1200 ft on snowshoes for 2.5 hours and was rewarded with great vistas and a hard effort. More pictures in the following post, (I was by myself- sorry for the strange self portraits).
    RHYang - that is Castle Peak taken from Hawks Peak which is were I was - the top of Tahoe Donner cross country area.

Side note - could someone help me put multiple pictures in one post?

here are the other hero 'summit' shots that I wish I knew how to show in the first post all in one....

Nice ! That just about made my day Jon

When I put multiple pics in a post, I usually have them hosted elsewhere, like flickr.com for example (imageshack.com or photobucket.com are also options). That way I can use the 'Insert Image' toolbar button to show as many as I want in a single post (some other forums I use work the same way). I'm not sure how to do it with forum attachments here though ..

So far today..
    Got my ass out of bed.. (freaking mornings.. happens everyday it seems)
    SSS, oh.. didn't do the third S today.
    Came to work..
    but.. when I get home I will hit the pull up bar and do several reps.
    I'm really liking the pull up bar. It's there, right in front of me at home. Out of the
    way in the doorway, but available and easy to use.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Wii Fit! I just got it for Christmas. It's actually pretty helpful for balance, etc. It pretty clearly shows I have been compensating for my weaker left side.

Rbrauer - can't beat pullups and every time you go through that doorway it must remind you to do a set.
    gvinton - what exactly can you do with Wii?
    Today -
    2.5 hours nordic sitski - super sunny warm day - felt like April...
    Here is a little video diary of today.... I threw in 2 secs of snowshoeing from yesterday

Wii fit is a balance board which you use with the regular Wii remote. You can do strength training with squats, lunges, core training, etc. It also has yoga and arobic exercizes (step, boxing, running and others).

It's pretty fun. It has balance games where you ski and snowboard too. I'm a Brown Sequard walking quad so it actually does help me find my center of gravity and strengthen my weaker side.

I've also been a gym rat in my time but lately I haven't found the time so this keeps me a little active and lets me goof around with the kids...