Thread: What workout did you do today?

Nordic sitski - 3 newcomers from the Bay Area and Grass Valley plus me, Candace Cable, and Mark Wellman. Teaching new people, all with great attitudes, I had fun helping.

Today - awoke to 18 inches of new snow. Todays workout is snow removal , shoveling, working the snowblower - A good time.

I had other stuff I needed to do today so opted for my standard local handcycle circuit, which is an evening ride after work in the summer - it should be a two hour circuit but the cable to my rear shifter snapped half way round so on a bike with 54 gears I was left with only three high gears and three very high gears. Some of the uphills were a really hard work out. Fortunately I ride a tadpole trike, with two wheels at the front, so when the hills were too steep to get up in the gears I had left I was able to grab the front wheels and push them wheelchair style. I got a harder work out than I expected.

1 hour on the Vitaglide...took a spill in the bathroom last night and really hurt my knee so decided the SciFit can wait a day or two.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Just got my tower 200 in the mail yesterday. So I am going to starty using it today. Arndog I am from the bay area an would like to try the sit ski thing. Could you help me with that?

Hi arod636. Great - I'll send you a PM about it.

Did Angel food Sat for m Mom and myself so did not get into the gym until 1. Beat up the chest and tris. Flat bench, incline db press, decline press and flies for chest, tri plushdown, pullovers, behind the neck pres and kickbacks for tri's. Pumped the bi's with some cable work. Then 20 min in the tanning bed.

Yesterday was cardio and ab/core work. Carefully adding hyper extensions to lower back, bodyweight only.

Tonight is moderate weight squats, hacks, etc.

Started a new gym program last night. More core stability work and a little more imaginative than what I was doing (which was basically single leg press, single leg squat, single leg bulgarian squat blah blah blah). So we are trying some stability work - trying to stand as evenly as I can and then holding a medicine ball doing slow upper body rotation while trying to hold the hips still. Some single leg box squats, but holding things over my head and swiss ball core work. Hip/pelvic stability needs a lot of work and am very stiff doign any sort of rotations, but the abs seem pretty good.

3 hours out on the bike this morning in the hills on another beautiful day - now trying to stay awake at work (and procrastinating again)

Quick 30 minutes on the VitaGlide last night after my daughters swim practice!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

off to Baja for two weeks sea kayaking & adventuring. full report when i return - Garro.