Thread: What workout did you do today?

1 hour SciFit
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Snowshoe Crutch Hike for 3 hours with new Sports crutches (SideStix) with ski baskets.

Hi Arndog as you know I refer to my arms as my legs because I totally rely on my arms / upper body
    Today I went to the gymn and got on the bench doing hydro resistant 200 arm flexes in reps of 20 I call them Butterflies

These work my core muscle groups too
    Felt good it has been some time since I did this many after my surgery

Thank you
    Sincerely;
    Gypsylady

two days of 6 hours of paddling each on the mighty Colorado river! upstream against the current & snagging some nice trout on the float out. my 1st time since my accident of being in my own solo boat - all good but SORE steadying my core. good warm up for my upcoming Baja trip - Garro.

just tore up a killer 6x3 shoulder/lats/bi' session, heavy weight. 20 min vita warmup.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Nice photo Steve - looks awesome. Do you get a sore back from sitting in a kayak like that? I used to do heaps of paddling (my work was lookoing after rivers and wetlands and used to go out after flooding to check out the river banks) but I can't imagine sitting with my legs straight out in front of my and on my butt for any length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I have the SciFit ProII. I don't use the optional SciFit Heart Rate monitor and always just went by distance before I learned from here that HR is important. So I bought an Omron HR-100C that I use on my VitaGlide along with the watch. But come to find out, the SciFit picks up the reading from the Omron when it's attached to my chest. So I don't need the watch when using the SciFit, just when using the Vita.
    Cool thanks, no wonder I couldn't find where to plug it in. I guess you don't have to plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    Nice photo Steve - looks awesome. Do you get a sore back from sitting in a kayak like that? I used to do heaps of paddling (my work was lookoing after rivers and wetlands and used to go out after flooding to check out the river banks) but I can't imagine sitting with my legs straight out in front of my and on my butt for any length of time.
    it feels pretty good. i wear an AFO on my gimp foot & the other does good. you stretch allot in the boat. i intentionally bring allot of gear to shove around my legs as i cannot knee brace. i put in really nice padded seats with an adjustable back & seat i got from Necky Kayaks. i am more comfy then sitting in my wheelchair. a pad of moleskin on your tail bone is not a bad idea either.....+ presure releases & getting out for lunch, ect. i take my crutches.....i havs MAYBE 2/3rds of my abs & no lower back really so i bet you would be just fine - get out there & paddle! very relaxing. if i was Arndog i'd be out on that big blue lake all dang summer {and catching Lahontans in Pyramid in the fall!} maybe in the fall. i'm off to Baja on the 24th for a bunch of paddling - very excited! - Garro.

1 hour on the Vitaglide last night.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Great photos, Steve. I bet the lighting in the canyons in the winter months is especially cosmically beautiful.
    yesterday - 2 hour nordic sitski.
    Steve, your inspiring canyon shot makes have to add one more picture from the day before- You can see the SideStix crutches with the giant baskets and the snowshoes. We climbed 1100 ft above the Mt. Rose Highway which is down on the left. That is looking south down the length of Lake Tahoe, all 22 miles of it along the east shore. Way in the distance is Heavenly Valley.
    This place is a half hour car ride from my house. Hey, Steve, come on out and we can kayak Pyramid Lake - you can teach me to fish. There are 2 sports that I never had the patience for since I don't like to sit still and not breath hard - fishing and golf. I know I am missing out with the fishing, so if you could enlighten me that would be great.