Thread: What workout did you do today?

Still been exercising M-F (except 2 days where my family was sick) since my last post. Really getting into as groove now - me, Dr.Phil/Oz and my colorado cycle have a 12 noon date everyday. Been getting 1/2 an hour at least though the last few days I've done an hour or 200 cal burned, whichever comes first. I bought a heart rate monitor watch a week ago - it's a great tool. I was depressed at first as I was burning less calories than I had thought I was and struggled to get my hr to 120 (135-165 is my 'zone'). Today I really broke through though, had no trouble getting my hr to 130 and keeping it there for 30 min, then 15 more min at 120ish. It felt awesome - I am totally hooked! I usually take the weekend off but time permitting I don't even want to! Scared to lose my magic lol.
    Also got 5lb weights instead of 3lb (yes I know they are puny but I don't have strong enough grip for heavier - the ones I use have straps on them) and am feeling stronger, esp. in my shoulders - my shirt feels tighter across the back).
    Going to weigh in this afternoon - hopefully I've lost as I have been plateaued for the last 3 weeks. Kinda bloated this time of the month though, so we will see. Did really shake up my diet this week, ate different things and tried to meet all my nutritional goals - not just cal.

I really want to thank you guys for this thread! I'll never be as hardcore as you all but you inspire me. My goal is to be able to use my manual chair comfortably if need be. Though with my rural lifestyle and my family my powerchair is more practical for day to day life.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

That is a great post to read Emi ! I am so glad for you. Even if you miss some days, just get back to it. Keep up the great work !

Dang EMI way to go! IT is addicting isn't it. Ups and downs are normal, it shows the body is changing and adjusting. You made my day once again. Keep it up girl.

Great Job EMI!!!

I took a break off yesterday and kinda pigged out a bit as a small reward for my hard work recently. Got on the Vita for an hour today and probably got one of my best workouts in since I started!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Today - day #21 nordic sitskiing for the ski season. Sunny California day, track was fast. I really like nordic sitskiing so much. I wish I could introduce it to more paras who are willing to breath hard and push. It is great to get away from a wheelchair and asphalt.

Wolfe - good work. I took 2 days off too.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    1 hour on the SciFit....
    Hey WolfeMan, What model SciFit do you have?

The reason I ask is I have a SciFit PRO 1000 and it has a heart rate meter on it but I have never been able to figure out how to use it. I don’t see anyplace to plug in a chest strap or anything... It just always reads 0 for my heart rate. It has a program on it called "self test" where you enter your age and weight, then based on how far you pedal, it rates how healthy you are but it tells me that I am in poor health because my heart rate is always 0.

Anybody out there know how to work this thing?

I still like it though because I can turn up the resistance really high… much more resistance than I could get from a table top model like the saratoga cycle.

Back into it after a week off and managed a 30 minute ride (supposed to be 2 hours) before the rain came down. Got into work to find the office leaking and wet, then a call to tell me that the gym was leaking and our weight training was cancelled. Luckily there was a break in the rain so got another 30 minutes riding home after work. Off to relax in front of the TV and stretch - seem to be stiffer than usual after not riding for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    Hey WolfeMan, What model SciFit do you have?

The reason I ask is I have a SciFit PRO 1000 and it has a heart rate meter on it but I have never been able to figure out how to use it. I don’t see anyplace to plug in a chest strap or anything... It just always reads 0 for my heart rate. It has a program on it called "self test" where you enter your age and weight, then based on how far you pedal, it rates how healthy you are but it tells me that I am in poor health because my heart rate is always 0.

Anybody out there know how to work this thing?

I still like it though because I can turn up the resistance really high… much more resistance than I could get from a table top model like the saratoga cycle.
    I have the SciFit ProII. I don't use the optional SciFit Heart Rate monitor and always just went by distance before I learned from here that HR is important. So I bought an Omron HR-100C that I use on my VitaGlide along with the watch. But come to find out, the SciFit picks up the reading from the Omron when it's attached to my chest. So I don't need the watch when using the SciFit, just when using the Vita.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Swim - 1700 yards! I'm finally swimming 200s without stopping.

Skiing yesterday. Tried a new GS ski...very cool. I still think it's the best rehab excercise. Today I feel new and stronger core muscles. It's all good.

Race in two weeks. Goal is to beat the AB instuctors for the first time!

Pat