Thread: What workout did you do today?

1 hour on Vitaglide then went out and shoveled the rapidly increasing snow off the front deck. We're supposed to get minimum of 24" of snow!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Larry- sounds like you are really on top of it. Snow removal is a great workout too. Sounds like the heart rate monitor is helpful too.

Thank God it doesn't snow here!!! Put in an hour with the uppertone.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

I had this sharp pain on my upper back in my left kidney so done some stretches

Went to my gymn and was wore out but did 20 squats holding on to my bench backwards . After that I was plum tired lol had the munchies and ate 4 fig bars drank 2 quarts of water / rested a hour .

Tomorrow Today lol morning more tai chi then hopefully off to the gymn again This time I wont push myself as hard .
    Butterflies on the hydro arm bench and possibly lift with the hydro bar machine if my upper back is up to it .

Today was chest/tris, did ok there. My big day was Thursday, where I did a 495 lb standing rack pull for reps. Yeah I saw stars by the end but doing alot of ab work has me feeling alot more secure handling heavy ass weight.

I do need to go back to the chiropracter (sp) to get my right shoulder worked.

Peace and be strong

Brock

Master's swim. Working on breathing equally on both sides, more rotation.

45 minutes on the SciFit.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

i rode for 2.5hrs in Sedona on the one-off on really hard trails. had to crawl in spots & stack rocks - good stuff! - Garro.

National track cycling champs done and dusted. Managed PB's for both events (and under the world mark as well) so no truth to the rumour that you can't teach an old dog new tricks ;-). A week off now to give the body a bit of a break before getting back into training for road cycling.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/aus.../photos/104458

Oh - and a question. A lot of cyclists use ice bath for recovery between intense events. I have used cold showers, but even they send my bad leg really blue and cold and seem to set of a bit of neuro type pain if I centre the cold water on my lower back where I was injured so I didn't try the ice baths this time around just in case. Is there any contra-indication specific to lower level SCI or nerve injury that anyone knows of (I have CES/nerve root damage rather than true SCI).
    Last edited by live2ride; 02-07-2010 at 02:49 AM.