Thread: What workout did you do today?

Chest & biceps Thursday
    Back & shoulders Friday
    15 minutes abs and 40 minutes cardio both days

Legs and triceps later today

Down 18lbs since August. Much leaner while still gaining strength and muscle.

Man! i've barely been outside for the last two weeks. we got WALLOPED with snow - 8' drifts in the yard!!!! gonna try to go biking tomorrow - still been filing metal every day, so much so that my left forearm started pulling my wrist out. my massage gal kneaded it & pulled on the hand & Pop! it was all better - amazing. back at it soon, glad my job kicks my ass - good to catch up on work after rowing the Grand so i can go kayaking in Baja for two weeks Feb 24th......... Garro.

Another hour on the Vitaglide.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Knitting a sweater
    Anyone need yarn ?

Actually tomorrow i'll go workout in the gym mainly on my arms and hopefully abs lol

Did a double workout today - 2 hour crutch snowshoeing off piste by myself with my SideStix crutches - climb 1000 feet up Prosser Hill (a mere hill around here) - rewarded with a great view of Truckee and environs with a storm spitting snow mixed with sunshine.

Then me and Mark Wellman went nordic sitskiing for 2 hours. Snowing and sunshine simultaneously - only in California.

First nordic ski outing for me. We, too, had sunshine, but not much snow.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4317372056_5ba5a6078b.jpg

(me in the back, my instructor in front)

Sometimes I am not sure if I like this thread, I think some of you have to take care so you don't overuse your body. I didn't even have a chair for 34 years, I walked and skied and did everything possible for me, pregnant 3 times, and then the aging started and now I can't even stand for a second anymore. It is like a new SCI but this time it is coming slowly and it is not any fun at all. I could never run or jump and I had a lot of pain and I worked really hard to do like everybody else - and overused
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    First nordic ski outing for me. We, too, had sunshine, but not much snow.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4317372056_5ba5a6078b.jpg

(me in the back, my instructor in front)
    If you go skiing with Sherry again tell her that Lee says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Sometimes I am not sure if I like this thread, I think some of you have to take care so you don't overuse your body. I didn't even have a chair for 34 years, I walked and skied and did everything possible for me, pregnant 3 times, and then the aging started and now I can't even stand for a second anymore. It is like a new SCI but this time it is coming slowly and it is not any fun at all. I could never run or jump and I had a lot of pain and I worked really hard to do like everybody else - and overused
    I guess its always a trade-off. Personally I maximise what I can do now and the opportunites presented (para cycling) which also keeps me fit and healthy, physically and mentally. You never know whats around the corner as everyone on this forum well knows.

Lovely recovery ride this morning, 30 mins out to meet friends, a gentle hour or so out on a country road spinning and chatting and then on to the mandatory coffee shop for double shots before the spin home. Fly out tomorrow for national track championships.

The aging is coming to everybody, it is nothing we can do about that. But at least doctors and people with SCI know it now. When I started to loose function, nobody understood what was going on because everybody thought that a SCI was stable after the recovering period. Nobody was expecting we should loose the function we had been worked for so hard. I got disappointed and depressed because I had tried so hard to keep up and it took time before I understood it too. So instead of trying to save function, I was exercising more and I did loose function even more quickly.

I think I was recovering until I was nearly 10 years post and then I was stable the next 20 years so I think you have nothing to worry about yet

I am not saying this to destroy for people, I am saying that it is important to take it a little easy after the recovering period so they save the function they have longer.
    TH 12, 43 years post