Thread: What workout did you do today?

That is amazing Colonus...

Well, today, I plan on going to the Y and swimming for an hour, as well as lifting weights in the aerobics room. I go to the Y 3 times a week to exercise. The rest of the week, I use a hand/leg bike at home.

Jessie
    (hereditary spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

When I come here and see the kind of workouts people are doing, I feel so inadequate...

Weights and pushing the pushrim chair on rollers (a big double workout for me).
    Last edited by Katja; 01-19-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling is good

Katja I don't think there is any reason to feel inadequate. I think it can be motivating to see what other people are doing, but we all have different abilities and resources. You should do whatever you feel is best for your situation and if you ever need help or advice here is a community that is available to help. I hit the weights for an hour this afternoon.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Did an hour and 15 minutes last night on the Vitaglide..........came in to work and weighed in today and have only lost 1lb since last week.....that's 4lbs in 3 weeks. I know 1-2lbs a week is the healthy way, but as hard as I've been working and watching my diet and NO BEER, I thought it would drop faster. I wanted to be under 200lbs before my 40th birthday.....at this rate I'm not gonna make it...but I gotta be realistic I suppose. Why is it so easy to get fat but so hard getting thin? WTF?? LOL
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Four pounds in three weeks is great! I've taken to re-reading this frequently as I get discouraged about weight loss: PEERtrainer: Losing 2 Pounds A Week: Don't Believe The Hype

Well done!

I did a half marathon on Sunday in my standard chair and then took 9 steps over the finish line. That was a rush.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Four pounds in three weeks is great! I've taken to re-reading this frequently as I get discouraged about weight loss: PEERtrainer: Losing 2 Pounds A Week: Don't Believe The Hype

Well done!

Thanks for the encouragement and the link!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

I've been avoiding this thread everytime it appears on my New Posts list. It just made me feel guilty.

But.................... since Jan.2 I have used my armcycle more days than not (on next to no resistance but stilll.....) for 30-60 min. And today I did a ton of stength training (*Close-Arm Wall Pushups*Seated Dumbbell Triceps Extensions*Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press *Seated Dumbbell Rows *Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls *Boxer*Dumbbell Chest Press *Dumbbell Hammer Curls*Dumbbell Lateral Raises *Dumbbell Pullovers*Dumbbell Shrugs*Dumbbell Wrist Curls*Dumbbell Triceps K...ick Backs *Lying Triceps Lifts *One-Arm Dumbbell Rows *Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press *Wall Pushups).

Also been tracking all my calories- need to lose as much as possible (idealy 60lbs) by August as my 10 year highschool reunion is coming up. Gonna be bad enough going in a wheelchair, never mind a fat girl in a wheelchair.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi - I am so glad you posted here ! No need to avoid it. That is great that you have been getting after it since Jan 2. There is no time like now! Honestly, I was really thrilled to see you post here . Keep it up! !