Thread: What workout did you do today?

day job.....

and here is what i do every day - metalwork. this is polishing Bronze. major arm pump.

yesterday was chest and tri's benched 275 for reps

Great day today so took Barney out for a run and worked on abs with hanging straps in the garage.

B

30 minutes on the SciFit Total Body Bike and 30 minutes on the Vitaglide.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    and here is what i do every day - metalwork. this is polishing Bronze. major arm pump.
    Wondering why brazing rather than tig welding on your frames? Is it because it's super thin wall? I have all the equipment to build a wheelchair frame or handcycle frame but your frame brazing has raised questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i have beenm on this 2 weeks now, its an ass kicker, i love it. and i skiid last night for 3hrs. getting better every time. love night skiing

Day 1 - 6 sets of 3 reps
    Day 2 - 3 Sets of 16 reps
    Day 3 - 5 sets of 8 reps
    Day 4 - off
    Day 5 - 6 sets of 3 reps
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 16 reps
    Day 7 - off
    Day 8 - 6 sets of 3 reps
    Day 9 - 3 sets of 16 reps
    Day 10 - 5 sets of 8 reps
    Day 11 - off
    Day 12 - 6 sets of 3 reps
    Day 13 - 3 sets of 16 reps
    Day 14 - off
    Day 15 - 6 sets of 3 reps
    Day 16 - 3 sets of 16 pres
    Day 17 - 5 sets of 8 reps

Day 18,19,20,21 - Rest
    John - Thanks for this program! I was getting bored with my usual workout routine and this program has added some needed variety.

I'm using it to focus on my biceps: I'm on day 6 using 12 lbs/10 lbs/8lbs - Hopefully I'll be able to bump the weight up in a couple days!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Garro - nice photos. You are really in God's country. Maybe Dineh's (the Navaho peoples) country too. Beauty abounds.
    What is bronze? the tubing? Not aluminum?
    Yesterday was day 13 of nordic sitskiing in so far and 12 days of snowshoe crutching. It's going to be a big snow season if I have any say over it.
    Big T, Wolfe, Brock - good work.

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Under his left thumb

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Garro - nice photos. You are really in God's country. Maybe Dineh's (the Navaho peoples) country too. Beauty abounds.
    Yesterday was day 13 of nordic sitskiing in so far and 12 days of snowshoe crutching. It's going to be a big snow season if I have any say over it.

The bronze is under his THUMB, finishing weld joints is almost as important as the connection it self. Metal work is some times WORK. I'm waiting for the X-ray inspection to view completeness of the labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuna View Post
    John - Thanks for this program! I was getting bored with my usual workout routine and this program has added some needed variety.

I'm using it to focus on my biceps: I'm on day 6 using 12 lbs/10 lbs/8lbs - Hopefully I'll be able to bump the weight up in a couple days!
    cool. its a great program. i swtill go as heavy as i can on all days. day 3 is an ass kicker......lmk how it goes throughout.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    more like the Yavapai-Apache people's county in the Verde Valley the fillet brazes are Bronze. the tubing is Chromium-molybdinum steel alloy. i polish the fillets to a seamless radii - visually pleasing & totally without stress risers........low-temp, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    Wondering why brazing rather than tig welding on your frames? Is it because it's super thin wall? I have all the equipment to build a wheelchair frame or handcycle frame but your frame brazing has raised questions.
    it is super thin wall - .6mm - .9mm.......can't TIG without being able to use a foot pedal well - you *can* get a hand control TIG torch but they are notoriously finicky. Al Berg builds frames in a chair in BC, Canada using TIG. i heard it was quite the learing curve from him & our mutual teacher........plus, i am considered one of the best fillet brazers in the USA almost one year backlog on frames!