Thread: What workout did you do today?

deadlifts, my form just keeps getting better and better, so less and less stress on my lower back, followed by incline rows, old school t-bars rows, lat pull down, shrugs and neck machine.

cardio today, then abs. Sat is chest/tricepts.

I'm going to try the Fuentejps. Live2Ride I have a book on training for road cycling and have been reading about cadence, HR, and training. I want to get to that point where my workouts stay over 130bpm, but I realize this a long term goal. Increasing HR, especially for quads is a very slow process. What part of Australia are you from? I spent a month there when I was eighteen. I flew into Sydney and we drove to Melbourne. It was really cool to see the countryside and Canberra. I really appreciate the advice I get from everyone on this forum. I spent an hour with weights last night and will spend a hour spinning after lunch.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

I live in Canberra and its a great base for cycling although I have to drive up to Sydney for training on an indoor timber velodrome as the one in Canberra is outdoors and bumpy concrete. Yeh, I imagine that you have to be very careful with HR - do you have problems with overheating?

Nordic sitskiing today. 2'45'' 14 miles , talking pace mostly. Not too cooked for a change. Major storm cycle about to hit the Sierras - calling for 12 feet of snow in the mountains over a week - whoa. Puts the sitskiing on hold since you need firm snow to push against, but it should be a winter wonderland.

Yesterday 4 hour crutch/snowshoe walk. I have these giant baskets on my crutches - 8 inch diameter. You can easily tell which track I came from in this picture (the one on the right). There was 1 foot of new and I followed other tracks but the crutch plants still were in deep snow - good workout.

Climbed up to a view point of Lake Tahoe near Mt. Rose and the storm was just clearing and the skies were pretty dramatic. The view opened up and revealed the lake.

1 hour on the Vitaglide last night.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Another hour on the vitaglide today. I think I have officially made EXERCISE a routine part of my life!!!! Thanks to all of you guys support!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

WolfeMan - you know you have officially joined the club when you make 2 consecutive posts of workouts and nobody posted between your 2 posts. I am really glad for you , brother !

Today - nordic sitski 2 hours.......
    arndog

some hard cranking.........

did 2.5 hours of some damn hard riding on the one-off - hard on a regular MTB. stuff like this + off camber, rocks/slabs/boulders/trees/bushes/washes/sand. good stuff!!! expecting 4' of new snow, so it might be sit-ski season for a while, even in the desert - this is 25mi from my house, but i live @ 7000ft......the red rock is ~ 4000-4500ft.

one more for landscape.