Thread: What workout did you do today?

Great videos Rich. I love the pull up with your chair attached. I'm jealous Arndog! Spent an hour spinning. Looks like we're getting more rain. I'm beginning to think I will never get to ride outside.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Sean - hey, everyone does (or should do ) what they can. There is always someone with more function and there are always going to be people with less function. I am grateful for what I can do and wished I could do more and will try to make tomorrow better by being stronger than I was today. Have a good one, brother !

Rugby rugby rugby! Teammates are going to Huston next week but not I. Just rowed 2200m on the rower, FES.
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

I got back in the water yesterday after 3 weeks with the flu. I was averaging 18-20 strokes per length; yesterday it was 24-26. Yikes!

Had a school function for my daughter last night, so I got home late and said 'I'll skip my normal hour on the Vitaglide'.........but I was like a magnet when I got home and hit the Vita for a quick 30 minute workout! Somethings better than nothing! This morning when I woke up, I was glad I did it and didn't skip it!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Way to go WolfeMan! I hit the weights for about an hour tonight. Arndog I hear you. I am incredibly independent for a quad and I never take it for granted. You just have to play the cards you are dealt. I may not be the fastest, strongest....or whatever, but I give it my 100%.
    "I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man"

The Dude

Competed in our national elite level road championships last week. Just the individual time trial over 28km to get more experience in big race situations. The winner did just under 41 mins, 10th place in the 43's, my time was just over 48 mins while last place came in around 52. Think I was 36th out of 42. Not sure what to make of that but I guess 10% behind the bulk of the elite women isn't to bad for a limpy old girl LOL.

Track champs to qualify for National para cycling team to world champs is on in about three weeks so its all about power and intensity now. Just spent two days training on the velodrome with temps pushing 40C and I am absolutely smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Post View Post
    Way to go WolfeMan! I hit the weights for about an hour tonight. Arndog I hear you. I am incredibly independent for a quad and I never take it for granted. You just have to play the cards you are dealt. I may not be the fastest, strongest....or whatever, but I give it my 100%.
    Amen brother!

My daughter had tryouts for the swim team last night and SHE MADE IT! Well, the developmental team to start off!! So I didn't get home until after 7 and still needed to eat dinner and help with her homework. But I got a quick 30 minutes in on the Vitaglide! I was up until after 8pm last night, which is late for me since I wake up at 2:45am to get ready for the 1.5 hour commute to work. I was dead tired this morning, but I feel great now and now it's because I have dedicated myself to exercise and losing weight and 30 minutes is better than 0 minutes!!

No evening plans tonight so I'll be able to do my normal 1 hour on the Vita tonight, actually looking forward to it!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

hit my normal 30 of HIT cardio this morning and will hit back, biceps and triceps tonight.

off topic (sort of): Is anyone drinking Syntha 6 as part of their regular meals? On the front of the container it says meal supplement/addition and it has about the same calories as milk, but is higher in protein so I thought about trying it with my dinner.
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile View Post
    hit my normal 30 of HIT cardio this morning and will hit back, biceps and triceps tonight.

off topic (sort of): Is anyone drinking Syntha 6 as part of their regular meals? On the front of the container it says meal supplement/addition and it has about the same calories as milk, but is higher in protein so I thought about trying it with my dinner.
    that would be a load. i use 2 scoops, thats 400 cals
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer