Thread: What workout did you do today?

That's awesome Arndog. The cold makes my body go haywire but I'm inspired to pull an overnight biking camp out after seeing your pics. Wow I almost forgot what backpacking even was, thanks for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic View Post
    That's awesome Arndog. The cold makes my body go haywire but I'm inspired to pull an overnight biking camp out after seeing your pics. Wow I almost forgot what backpacking even was, thanks for sharing that.
    I agree. Very cool. I am inspired too!

Arndog, why did you use the skis to stake the tent? because it was lighter than packing stakes, or because the depth of the snow?

Katja,
    I am incomplete Quad. My legs tense up in the water and tend to pull me down so, a junior sized buoy is a big help.
    My hands pretty much go into a fist when I swim. I use a small set of hand paddles to help with my catch.
    I can flip with my gadgets but, not without!

finally - some exercise! sore, very sore - but, recovering very well from the gall bladder removal - I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT SOONER!!! way less pain, way better digestion.
    Just got back from two days kayaking - Steve.

Finally some spring weather. 30km on my bike today. I am having trouble with my bad leg but I am getting a new AFO in the next couple weeks and hoping that is going to help so I can get some longer rides in.
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

nice rainbow steve. did about 2hrs floor exercises, 2mi. hike. warm sunny day.

Yesterday I went quadding @4 for a few hours
    Later Today I'll probably go git the Gymn and work on my hips if my spine is up to it as I have my good days and bad days with my pain problems

young child. I probably won't practically licve on my bike like I did before, however, I know I can still ride and get stronger and build up to longer and longer rides.

I also have, telephone...I'll return.

3++ hrs on the one-off.....no pics - forgot camera! - Steve.

So I didn't do this today, but I did do it last weekend. I was in San Francisco and was wandering around as I normally do and said, "oh, I want to go up there."

(not my photo)

Unfortunately, where I was in the city at the time meant that I had the shortest and steepest route to where 'there' was. Note: when in SF, avoid Grant street on Telegraph hill at all costs. Because it looks like this:

(not my photo)

This was, without a doubt, the steepest hill I've ever encountered - and I've spent time in SF, Seattle, and Pittsburgh. It felt like a 45 degree incline. It was so steep I always felt like I was going to tip over backwards and I could only push about 15 feet at a time before I had to rest. And when I did rest, I had to turn sideways. And when I was pushing, I was straining so hard that I felt like I would both poop and pee at any moment. And then after this hill there was another one. And then another one. And then another one, though the rest weren't nearly as steep. Suffice to say, it was an exhausting trip to the top of Coit Tower, but I was rewarded at the end with views like this:

(my photo)

(my photo)

And call me crazy, but when I did get to the top of the hill I thought to myself, "I'd be awesome to live up here". I mean, if I had to deal with those hills everyday, I'd be so super ripped in just a month! I mean, I'd never need to go to the gym. I'd have no choice - I couldn't be lazy - I'd HAVE to workout every day.

(there is a bus that goes up to the top, but I didn't learn that till one passed me while I was headed back down)