Thread: What workout did you do today?

Name:  IMG_7687.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  183.9 KB
    I got in 2.5 hrs - good to be back on the bike

Hi to you, OSA the dog and the MRS. Glad you are back at the bike. Are you coming to the East Side this spring?

56 minutes on the treadmill with 3.5 incline and high speed of 1.8 mph. Why not an additional 4 mins for a full hour? Yeah...well....

My speed has increased to where I can almost run from a dangerous 95-year-old. This may come in handy someday.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Hi to you, OSA the dog and the MRS. Glad you are back at the bike. Are you coming to the East Side this spring?
    No, dang it - we have to drive to WI for D's mom's 80th = it'll be a fun time.

However, we ARE going to spend most of the week of my B-day (5/13) up at Lee's Ferry again - you should rally up a crew & come out!

Quote Originally Posted by truly View Post
    56 minutes on the treadmill with 3.5 incline and high speed of 1.8 mph. Why not an additional 4 mins for a full hour? Yeah...well....

My speed has increased to where I can almost run from a dangerous 95-year-old. This may come in handy someday.
    Congratulations.

This reminds me of the feeling I had when I started to really go downhill with MS - realizing that little old ladies with walkers were moving faster than I was...

katja - I notice that when nordic skiing. I had skied as an AB for 25 years, 8 years as a gimp - and I watch unathletic newbies who could barely balance on skis passing me up the hills. Arrgh. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    vjls - You have to do 2 things. 1. wear a dry suit with sufficient layers underneath to ward off cold for 5 minutes. 2. be able to reenter your kayak. Like wearing motorcycle leather on a hot day - you dress for the fall on pavement. Paddled a lot over weekend. This is last saturday -Attachment 56291
    Hey Arndog, I am planning on getting a kayak similar to what you are using. How do you reenter your kayak if you roll. I know you are incomplete but you kayak with a somebody that is complete sometimes right? Can he do it? Any pointers?

Ugh...that must have been a hard realization, Katja. The one comparison that makes me feel good is that I'm fitter than half of my friends. Even with my gimpiness, I can outdistance couch potatoes. So, lesson learned....let's not be those 'taters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    Hey Arndog, I am planning on getting a kayak similar to what you are using. How do you reenter your kayak if you roll. I know you are incomplete but you kayak with a somebody that is complete sometimes right? Can he do it? Any pointers?
    I've fallen out of almost any watercraft you can think of!

For 'Us" a modified scramble rescue works best - get up on the kayak, plant your butt in the cockpit (that has a funny ring) and it will cup you in place, then get your feet in one at a time, and always keep hold of your paddle!

Best scenario is to have someone else either buddy up to you for greater stability, or google T-rescue

http://www.neckykayaks.com/tips_tech...e_self_rescue/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    If I need to get back into my kaya from the water, I raft up my kayak with another one and get between my kayak and the other one. I get them to lift my feet into my kayak with the rest of me still in the water and then with one hand on my boat and one on theirs it is not too difficult to lift myself back into my kayak.