Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Flying - you sure can't be considered shy with that walking video in the bathing suit. My leg is about that skinny and atrophic too. It is all about having a strong upper body like a baboon.
    I used to so shy when I was younger, but as aged it hit me, this is a waist of time. You know that when you go swimming you don't think anything about showing your body, what's the difference.
    I wish that I had made a video a year ago, when the out side half of both thighs were nothing but skin and bones, really have come a long ways, even if it does not look like it.
    I think we have to be like a gymnast, lean with a strong upper body. The lean part is very important, after all how many over weight gymnasts do you know.
    Showing great spirit folks.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Arndog - glad you're shedding the PICC line and getting back to things. We are a bunch of basket cases; but, we're pretty determined basket cases. And it's in the pushing through that we rise above what would otherwise be a pretty miserable situation.

Flying - your video was awesome. You are looking smooth. Filming it with all that skin helped show the mechanics of your gait better.

Took my first trike ride in 2 weeks tonight. It felt tight, but I'm glad to be back out on the road.

An hour and a half of mud-wrestling today, on the one-off. Last weeks rain was heavier than I remembered.

I am ready to start biking again. I am not to keen on riding in the cold so I don't ride much in the winter. I was able to find some cool trails last summer and plan to hit them again this year. Play offs have started and I figure I have another week or so of coaching lacrosse and then I can start doing more me stuff in the evenings. I tend to lay off the rehab/workouts during the season. I end up spending 10-11 hours on me feet a day between work and practices. Actually looking forward to getting back on a more regular rehab routine again as well. I manage 2 nights of yoga style stretching and poses, and 1 night of a resistance/cardio style work out per week. Ready to get back on track after a long season.

Name:  IMG_4049.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  116.8 KBBack from four days kayaking??had some good wind - unfortunately, burned my damn foot as well.

Did the Doernbecher children's hospital charity ride. It starts about 8 miles from my house. Well I was feeling lazy, and did not want to load the bike in and out of the truck. So I just rode the 8 miles there, then the 25 mile ride, and the 8 miles back. Beautiful day, nice sunshine and cool bikers. Sweet.

Steve, nice picture. What did you burn you foot on, the sun? When I was working in Arizona, we used to call it the great orb of death.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Fifteen minutes short of 10 hours on the one-off yesterday. All good tracks, a mixture of forestry roads and riverside paths. There was an hour in the middle where I parked outside a farmhouse cafe and ate cake and drank tea. Even so, the last hill back to the car, which I have done in 15 minutes as part of a 1 hour ride, took me nearly fifty minutes and I hurt today. Tonight I feel like sleeping early but in 90 minutes I will be in the pub trying to answer questions as part of a quiz team. I hope the rest of the team are understanding.
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-18-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Name:  IMG_4135.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  88.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post

Steve, nice picture. What did you burn you foot on.
    I spilled boiling water on it.
    It fucking sucks, but it'll heal (eventually)
    Part of the "cripple deal"

Ouch - (that is if you felt it) - maybe it will trigger bad neuropathic pain. Sorry man, hope it heals soon. Keep it clean. Do you know any good nurses? ;-)

Flying I wouldnt have a wheelchair if I could walk like that just sayin