Thread: What workout did you do today?

Got up this morning with shoulders about killing me and skipped the exercises. This afternoon it hit 88 for the first time in about 10 months. My wife gave me a boost so I could mow the lawn and after 2 hours I felt great. Just love the warm temps, it makes everything feel loose! More rain forcast for the next 4 days. I like the use or loose saying.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Great video

Arndog:
    Great video. What a great experience. It's always good to know they guy with the keys!

Just a couple miles from a 30 mile ride

WooooooHooooo........five days of kayaking the Colorado river, 1/2 of it upriver against 23,000CFS flows. I'm tired, yo! 30mi-ish if rowing. - Steve.

garro,.. no helmet?
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

O.K. need soem help here. I have a new FES bike and a NEw Vita Glide that my insurance got for me...I work so I have great insurance and they take good care of me. I am very active I guess I coach everything for my kids, I mean everything, I have 3 kids. I also work about 50 hours a week. I am always going and am in pretty good shape for the most part. I have only used these two machines like 4 or 5 times...!! I have had them for 8 months!! I just cannot find the time or the motivation to do it. By the time I get home from practices or games I am just tired and spent then I eat dinner at like 8:30 at night and then go to be a couple of hours later, what is my problem...how do you guys do it...what is so great about the FES bike I mean it takes 2 darn hours from start to finish to do it and it seems like I just dont have the time..am I just lazy....someone tell me what I should do!! Pretty pathetic I know!! Don't rip me too bad but I am just trying to get the motivation to do it and want to know how some of you fit it in.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkens View Post
    garro,.. no helmet?
    Nah. It totally jacks my C4-C5 fusion. in five plus years I've been OK. The one off is usually pretty slow, like.......people walking are waiting for you.
    Sure, you can get going downhill pretty well at times, but if you are going to jack up anything I'd say ripped up elbows 1st, busted wrist 2nd & shoulder dislocation 3rd.
    you're pretty low to the ground & can touch the ground at any time.
    I've tried to endo it with no luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hv1987 View Post
    O.K. need soem help here. I have a new FES bike and a NEw Vita Glide that my insurance got for me...I work so I have great insurance and they take good care of me. I am very active I guess I coach everything for my kids, I mean everything, I have 3 kids. I also work about 50 hours a week. I am always going and am in pretty good shape for the most part. I have only used these two machines like 4 or 5 times...!! I have had them for 8 months!! I just cannot find the time or the motivation to do it. By the time I get home from practices or games I am just tired and spent then I eat dinner at like 8:30 at night and then go to be a couple of hours later, what is my problem...how do you guys do it...what is so great about the FES bike I mean it takes 2 darn hours from start to finish to do it and it seems like I just dont have the time..am I just lazy....someone tell me what I should do!! Pretty pathetic I know!! Don't rip me too bad but I am just trying to get the motivation to do it and want to know how some of you fit it in.
    You've identified two of the biggest things that held me back for years: looking after kids and working full time. It wasn't until I switched to a 3 day/week work schedule (and I'm lucky to work for a company that provides health insurance for part time employees), at which point my youngest child was 17, that I was able to really start devoting time to physical fitness.

So I don't have any good answers for you, just want to let you know that trying to prioritize kids/work/sports is a real problem.

You don't want to know. 3 weeks out from NPC Mr Oklahoma and hoping the diet does not make my sciatica flare up. Let's just say the sparks between my trainer and I draws onlookers.

3+ hrs on the one-off. Grueling. Even days of sea kayaking does not prepare you for the oneoff, a hard mistress she is.........