Thread: What workout did you do today?

That's a seriously cool picture, Arndog.

Really enjoyed all of your pix, Arndog. Guess I will have to live vicariously thru your adventures. I'm still trying hard to work f/t and that cuts down on the energy and motivation to do much else except local things. Sounds like we should all meet at Garro's for a "Salsa Fest". I could use some warmth.

This week's exercise: Monday: 10 mile late afternoon hybrid bike ride in wind/rain. Tuesday: 1.5 mile walk with a few short jogs. Wednesday: 2.5 mile walk with a few short jogs. Thursday: 1 mile walk with about half of it very slow jogging. Today: Hoping to fly fish if my wife will let me go. Hah. Daytime highs are now low 50s and lots of rain. Our usual "Indian Summer" with 70 degree temps and sunshine never showed up. I'm thinking winter will be rough.

I've been doing the usual workouts on the treadmill and walking around the house, yoga and pilates. Have been challenging myself by trying a new pilates exercise every few days. Yikes...I thought I was sore before. This week has been something else. I wish there wasn't such a price to pay for workouts that used to be nothing for me to accomplish. I'm not daunted, though. I'm still able to do more difficult things, bit by bit and will continue to push the boundary until there is no more improvement.

Trying to keep up my mix of recumbent triking, crutch walking, strength training, yoga, and stretching. Was able to get all of these in this week. Also had a 45 minute road bike ride on the trainer - felt pretty good, although my shoulders and neck felt tight. Trying to wedge the exercise in with close to full time work is always a challenge, but, like Truly, I'm determined to wring out as much progress as I can over the first several post injury years. Plus, I'd lose my mind if I weren't active in one way or another. I'm looking forward to trying out the new Noodle AFO; supposed to pick it up this Tuesday; hoping it will improve my gait fluency and speed a few notches.

I continue to get a lot of motivation and inspiration from everyone else's endeavors. Arndog - your GC trip and pics were amazing. Makes me want to come up with some big picture goal - have to work on that.

I signed up for a 10K on November 9th in order to force myself back into race training. This week: 2 workouts with weights, 5 mile racing wheelchair push (ouch - needs so much work!), 7 mile handcycle with the dog. I also signed up for my second powerlifting meet on October 26th, and am planning to open with 2.5kg more than I lifted in July, so at least I'm making progress with something!

If you haven't seen it already, check out this article about Tatyana McFadden, who won the Chicago Marathon this weekend: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/sp...ason.html?_r=0

Good luck with you race and weight training. I'm sure you'll be smashing. Let us know how it goes.

No Title

Spent about an hour out on Adams Gulch single track this evening.
    Seasons are a changing!

Nice view of the Aspens and the trail, Jett. Wish I could be down your way to ride with you. It must be cold, you're wearing a heavy coat! It was 29 this morning here in Cd'A and should reach 56 today. We are finally enjoying nice fall weather with sunshine.

I'm always looking for motivation and inspiration. This link is a video about Kyle Bryant, a guy with Friedrich's Ataxia, who is truly inspiring. This is a trailer to a documentary, but it's definitely worth checking out. His Ted Talk is also on youtube and is worth looking at if you've got 20 minutes to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SzdySFOEI