Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    Thanks, arndog. My wife and I are exploring kayaking and would like to do do some island hoping. Based on your experience, is it possible to break down a chair and strap it to a kayak?
    Here is one of the biggest problems, is in doing that you would make your boat hugely top heavy, even if it was possible, which it is, just lots of cam straps - i spend most of my time in a chair, FYI

I'm making myself a pair of break-down crutches for the upcoming season so they will fit in a hatch

I do the same thing as Arndog (we got to boat together sometimes - how is mid-may looking?) take my crutches and wobble/crawl = if just day boating, I don't take crutches, just kind of "seal" out onto the beach???.not alway pretty, but effective.

A sit-on-top kayak is allot easier to get into - I'm treating myself to this soon??.may have to go paddle it on the Rio Colorado in March or so:

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks/kayak-fishing/kraken/

Yesterday i got out for 2.5 solid hours of no-stop single track riding in Sedona on the one-off = I keep forgetting my camera?.

Did some cardio today 30 minutes 15K.

Excellent. Welcome to the forums and the workout thread.

PatD and I rode seven miles of the Boise greenbelt out to the Eagle bike park last week.
    We did a few laps on both the pump track and the flow trail. Nice sunny day, great just to be outside.
    Best of health to the group in 2015!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad

I mostly ride my bike for exercise, and I don't walk much because it always feels hard and doesn't get easier, but recently I have decided to give it a more concerted effort again. Today I hiked five miles, and as usual I was moving slow and feeling slightly thrashed at the end. This was my fifth day in a row of hiking. I guess I'll keep at it for a couple more weeks and see if it improves any.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    I mostly ride my bike for exercise, and I don't walk much because it always feels hard and doesn't get easier, but recently I have decided to give it a more concerted effort again. Today I hiked five miles, and as usual I was moving slow and feeling slightly thrashed at the end. This was my fifth day in a row of hiking. I guess I'll keep at it for a couple more weeks and see if it improves any.
    Maybe build in some rest days. It might not be a good idea to go all out with a new physical activity for weeks on end.

Wow, Cajun, that's some significant walking distance. I walk 5 days out of 7 and I rarely do 5 miles. 2.5 to 4 miles will always leave me thrashed. That's some major pushing, but, knowing you, that doesn't surprise me. Hope you discover improvements along the way.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    Name:  10499369_10204821122824170_5273562863227065607_o.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  176.9 KB

And happy Soul-stice!
    Fantastic Photo...... We are coming down that way again ...................... would love to see you again my brother from another mother.....
    CJ

Hi Katja and Charles, I am alternating long walk days, and short walk days, and I will probably take about one day off a week. Thanks.
    Last edited by cajun; 12-31-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Addition
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010