Thread: What workout did you do today?

Training is going well and starting to feel stronger on the bike again. Three hour+ hilly ride on Saturday and still had energy left when I got home (normally I struggle to get through the rest of the day). We have our national para cycling road championships in two weeks, and then its off to Europe for some regional para events and a world cup in Spain in early June. There was supposed to be another world cup in France in May but they just cancelled it on us. The originally planned World Championships (road and track) were scheduled for Colombia in August but that has also been changed, so now its in Canada in August along with a rescheduled world cup.

The biggest challenge at the moment is juggling the training, trying to finish my PhD thesis (still.... and a way to go yet) and working a couple of days a week. I still get tired more easily than I used to and seem to need 9 hr of sleep a night + by about 5pm my body is just crying out for me to lie down flat for a while. Really hard to fit it all in but worth the effort.

spring skiing nordic 8500 ft. near Lake Tahoe, California

The good spring skiing in April and May is coming up.....

Great video clip. Beautiful scenery.

Though, I confess that since my son's SCI came from hitting a tree while sledding, it made me cringe a bit!

It's finally warming up here. He's had the trike out a few days.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post

i am sooooooo green eyed love the pictures maybe when business pu -up we can go again

meanwhile i will drool over your pics

i just started an interval training program for hc season and the marathon. alternate between 6x3 max weight and 4x10 moderate weight and increased my cardio even more/. my new hc will be done end of april.

uped my protein and other supsd.
    also picked up a few more sponsors,. 5 articles in 2mths reallty helps
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post

awesome arn
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

does shopping count when u have to park downhill 1/4 mile away lol

i am curious how many quads on this thread ? i am so green eyed on those pics of mts and skiing

i do about 30 push up nite fes bike and stand . i am really lacking compared to u guys

pushed all around the horseshow this weekend on the grass turn my hands up

Very incomplete quad here -- brown-sequard C4 asia D. Most people would have no idea. I know I'm very lucky, but it takes a lot of work to keep fit.

That sitskiing video should be distributed to SCI rehab centers everywhere!

Headed out last weekend and snowcamped in Sequoia National Park.

Climbed Alta Peak (11204') from Pear Lake (9500') and enjoyed great views of the Sierra crest -

When I was in rehab I had visits from a guy in a wheelchair since he was a teenager -- he was able to get out and head up local trails. He brought me a news clipping about how Mark Wellman did Half Dome's RNWF.

Gorgeous place, Pear Lake. I think I was there when I did the Sierra Haute Route on skis from east to west and ended in Wolverton. I think your second picture is looking at the Kaweahs. Is that correct? But east of Pear lake is table lands , a gorgeous alpine wonderland and easy travel.

Arndog, you're the second person to comment on the Kaweahs, so I think maybe you're right I'm not really sure.

I'd last been up to Alta via Pear Lake in Jan. 2007, about 7 months before my injury. I wasn't sure how I'd do this time, but it worked out. I remember the Hump trail over the Watchtower to Heather Gap being very tiring, and it certainly was this time. The first time I did Alta was in Dec. 2004 via the gully on the south side, which I attempted post-injury a couple of times without success.

That trans-Sierra trip must have been great !