Thread: What workout did you do today?

Glad you're back out there Katja.

Adrian - that looks like beautiful, but really gnarly terrain.

Had a great weekend in New York with family, but didn't get much exercise in. When I miss several days I can really feel it. Back to the routine this week - personal training in the pool 2 days ago, yoga class today, crutch walk in the neighborhood this evening; hope to get some trike rides in this weekend.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-29-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Back on the One-Off today. Only just over 1.5 hours (17.5 km) and it was fairly good, firm trails. The up-hills were long and drawn out, not quite steep enough to absolutely need to change out of high ratio gears but not really comfortable in the bottom of high ratio and you end up getting a really good work out in a slightly too high a gear for a long stretch. It was pretty much sprinting all the way and I need some food and a rest now.

Name:  11133667_10206186471398429_7518351293003586848_n.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  84.3 KB

I am gradually getting back on the bike (I cracked a rib & twisted my collarbone) but boating and fishing is AWESOME right now!

Digging all the dirt out of my planner boxes so I can put screen on the bottom because of the damn moles.
    Its fun digging from a chair, but it's great exercise.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Digging all the dirt out of my planner boxes so I can put screen on the bottom because of the damn moles.
    Its fun digging from a chair, but it's great exercise.
    By "fun", do you mean "not fun"? :-) I've been trying to get a start on the digging/planting here (Colorado) - it's so dry that the soil is like dust, but for some reason that doesn't make the digging any easier.

I will be doing my first 10K race on Saturday, about a month earlier than most years - must be global warming.

@Katja
    Yes its defiantly harder to dig from a chair. So have you tried to loosen up the dirt by soaking it with water, this helps.
    Good luck with your 10K race. So does the race chair seem like its hard on your shoulders?
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    @Katja
    Yes its defiantly harder to dig from a chair. So have you tried to loosen up the dirt by soaking it with water, this helps.
    Good luck with your 10K race. So does the race chair seem like its hard on your shoulders?
    I'm giving my planters a day-long soaker hose orgy, and we'll see.

I've found racing hard on my lower back and my wrists and hands, but not shoulders (so far - I've been at this for 5 years now). That could be because I'm not very fast (understatement). I also notice it in the pecs, especially after a hard chest workout with the weights.

Edited to add: my husband reminds me that in the beginning I did feel it in the front delts a lot. I haven't noticed that as much in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Katja; 04-05-2015 at 02:58 PM.

I did seven hours on the One Off today. Time for a shower.
    Name:  IMG_2406 (800x600).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  222.0 KB