Thread: What workout did you do today?

Truly,
    Here are a couple of ideas for keeping your feet on the pedals:
    http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=35030
    http://www.amazon.com/Zefal-Cristoph.../dp/B0048HWQKS
    The Zefal clips worked for me. Other forum members liked the straps. I have found bike shops helpful.
    Good luck and keep the rubber side down.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Thanks, everyone, for all the biking recommendations. I'll be on the bike trails again, one way or another! Daisy, let me know how you like your bike when you have it.

Today, had a long day at work. Then came home and only had energy to get on the floor for an hour of isolated exercises. No cardio today...oh well.

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Thumbs up Bike and develope what you can discover

Dear truly,

In my case, as an incomplete, the recumbent bike allows me to develop what little leg strength I can muster. I have noticed a gradual increase to stable strength to keep the leg muscle atrophy at bay. As arndog started this thread, quite some time ago, I think it has been a way to challenge each other to independently want more. Do what you can and try to conquer, to regain anything more. Try to see if you can push your self a little bit more each day. As mild as this past winter has been enjoy the spring grinding gears and pushing pedals.

truly - please look at catrike.com Or greenspeed with 2 wheels in the front. They handle like Porsches and the recumbent seat is good if you have no sensation in the rear and it is way better than your dad's 2 wheels in the back model.

truly, I second arndog's recommendation. Before I could ride a bike, I had a catrike villager. It worked very well for me. That model has a seat that is not as low as the other trikes. I had borrowed a friends trike and it was really difficult for me to get in and out of the low seat. I would also suggest that, if you live where it is hilly, that you get plenty of gears or at least make sure that the low gear is low enough. Here is where I bought mine: http://www.utahtrikes.com/. One thing that I didn't like about it was that you can't see over cars in that low position. It felt a little dangerous so I had a bright orange flag above the trike front and back.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Those trikes look great. Wonder if I could find a used one.
    Went for a very nice 22.5 mile hand cycle ride. But I was very tired for the last few miles. One fun part, was that the ruff blacktop was smoothed out with silt, from the big flood. Its been awhile since my last good ride. It's amazing how fast a person gets out of shape. Probably lost about 10 to 15 percent, no big deal on the arms. But if we lost 10 to 15 percent on are weak legs, it would definitely be a huge deal.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

i got in a 1.5hr handcycle ride, but it was a doozy........
    also working, varnishing the porch.....

My ride with Power Grips, My start is a bit shaky.
    It is amazing how much this takes out of me. I can not walk once i get off the bike.

I finally got my "loop" measured or close to it. I am getting close to 3/4 of a mile every day but it is paved flat with a couple of small hills and residential walking with a cane and my AFO's. It takes me an hour or so. Two months ago, walmart winded me. My scooter has been in storage so walking the dog has been a blessing.

I have done the loop twice but it really grinds the hip so I am holding off until my new braces get here next week. I have a trail partner for the Eno river trail, maybe a few.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I use power grips also. Looks great! I gottq get some miles in... Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Cjt8 View Post
    My ride with Power Grips, My start is a bit shaky.
    It is amazing how much this takes out of me. I can not walk once i get off the bike.