Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Ouch - (that is if you felt it) - maybe it will trigger bad neuropathic pain. Sorry man, hope it heals soon. Keep it clean. Do you know any good nurses? ;-)
    Yeah......it hurt quite badly, and still does.
    Oddly, it seems to have calmed the nerve pain - I'm serious - it hurts less then usual.
    How about that?

I was cooking dinner, and it was so pretty I went to grab my camera......and it just slid off and splashed me.
    The skin on my feet is like baby skin, whereas one of my work hardened fingers I can just stick in a rolling boil.

A crazy life we live - it's healing very well, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by allenstevens View Post
    Flying I wouldnt have a wheelchair if I could walk like that just sayin
    If you throw away your chair, you might as well kiss your shoulders goodbye. But thanks for the compliment.

Steve, glad your healing up so fast, and yes I'm happy you can feel it.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    If you throw away your chair, you might as well kiss your shoulders goodbye. But thanks for the compliment.

Steve, glad your healing up so fast, and yes I'm happy you can feel it.
    Damn straight - Myself & my shoulders wish I had not been so damn stubborn about just using crutches for 6yrs, it really, really jacked me up & now I'm paying for it.
    There's no indignity to a chair.
    Especially if you have to work, cook, ect.

Get healed up and get on up here to see myself and Arndog.
    You ok and away from fires down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cjt8 View Post
    Get healed up and get on up here to see myself and Arndog.
    You ok and away from fires down there?
    We are OK but very wary…….
    If this shit-show continues I'm not sure if we can leave our house to come up, be we are going to try like hell.
    May has kind of SUCKED so far, boating excluded.

Glad you are healing up that burn, Steve. May did suck - I had such a good trip to Powell and visiting Lees Ferry but then came home and got urosepsis. 25 grand hospital bill - boom. 4 days. Haven't boated since but been staying in shape at home lifting a few weights.

Starting to look property in Mendocino/Ft. Braggs area. Looks like the boating would be more interesting with the Noyo River and the ocean. Anyone out there know that area?

Still up for June.

Hey - did Hank come down last month. Haven't talked to him.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Glad you are healing up that burn, Steve. May did suck - I had such a good trip to Powell and visiting Lees Ferry but then came home and got urosepsis. 25 grand hospital bill - boom. 4 days. Haven't boated since but been staying in shape at home lifting a few weights.

Starting to look property in Mendocino/Ft. Braggs area. Looks like the boating would be more interesting with the Noyo River and the ocean. Anyone out there know that area?

Still up for June.

Hey - did Hank come down last month. Haven't talked to him.
    I hear ya.
    Didn't see Hank, we sure wish we had!
    We are "in" for June…….fires allowing……
    We think we may not make it N. of Mono Lake.
    Situations are in flux at the moment.

I haven't cycled since May 3rd but I'm getting my healing on.
    Sure had fun up at the ferry burn notwithstanding

Glad things seem to be looking up for Arndog and Steve. Adrian you are a machine.

Saw this snapping turtle on my ride the other night.Name:  photo (4).jpg
Views: 268
Size:  213.2 KBName:  photo (5).jpg
Views: 262
Size:  241.2 KB

Flying- I think you walk pretty great. The wheelchair discussion brings up a dilemma I am having. I am on my feet all day, but by no means is it easy. At the end of the day I am absolutely whooped and have been having trouble getting motivated afterwards to bike or rehab. I know my being on my feet is what most folks would consider great and it is a serious workout but I want more and won't et there if all I do is stumble around all day. Now that coaching is done maybe I will be able get my mojo back.

I have managed to start knee surfing again. The last two weekends we have had waves. My first go out last week was in waves that were more than I wanted for sure. Struggled just to catch two waves. This weekend was the break in swell I was hoping for. Legs cramped up this afternoon so I didn't do the evening session tonight.

I have been wanting to ride this trail called Forbidden Fruit for a couple of years now. Went out and rode it this afternoon.
    The downhill flow trail was a blast!! Curious as to why nobody ever mentioned anything about the climb beforehand????
    I thought that this was suppose to be a downhill flow trail???

I finally swallowed my pride and went with a electric assist on my Bomber mountain bike. Still out for three hours but, I have doubled the distance and I don?t feel like I am totally fried! Doing this trail without assist would have put me down for days.
    All in all a very cool ride and the new Bomber setup is a lifesaver.

Picture is of the last obstacle before the Forbidden Fruit trail starts. Made it this far, not turning around!
    Had to go off to the right of the foot bridge down the embankment and grind the bike up the opposing bank.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1977 - C5 ambulating Quad