Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    What do you mean by jacked up. up the chest pad?

I was crushed by a truck - I a mishmash of healed, semi-healed and floating bits of ribs & a seperated sternum.
    Over 7yrs after blowing my femur into over 25pieces it still hurts too, and I started growing HO's after a few years of SCI (something to look forward to as well as 50% of us will get our gall bladders out within 5yrs - I did)
    I also have a C4/C5 fusion, and the position is hard on it.
    .....and then there is the wrist/shoulder/elbow stuff.................

You gotta want it bad......

Today I got back to being able to do something I hadn't done since my injury. My son is in the Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums. They march and play all over Williamsburg, but I had really only been able to park myself on a corner and watch them go by until now. But tonight I was able to traipse along with them over cobblestones, gravel, and horse shit, as well as, deal with a large crowd. My walking speed has really improved, as has my balance. The Side Stix have definitely opened things up for me. Was able to be on my feet for about 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan F View Post
    Today I got back to being able to do something I hadn't done since my injury. My son is in the Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums. They march and play all over Williamsburg, but I had really only been able to park myself on a corner and watch them go by until now. But tonight I was able to traipse along with them over cobblestones, gravel, and horse shit, as well as, deal with a large crowd. My walking speed has really improved, as has my balance. The Side Stix have definitely opened things up for me. Was able to be on my feet for about 2 hours.
    Nice, I'm impressed!

I went to school in the Burg pre-wheelchair, and it was a return visit in 2004 that prompted me to get my first Frog Legs caster forks - the bricks and cobblestones were so tough!

Dan- way to go. Keep it up.

Steve- you are the king of jacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjt8 View Post

Steve- you are the king of jacked up.
    I know........I constantly wonder where this is all going.........
    My build queue is filled through 2014 so I closed it & I'm really close to paying off my Flagstaff home, my entire shop, and all our vehicles.
    I'm going to re-evaluate everything.
    man, I'm in pain 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    I was crushed by a truck - I a mishmash of healed, semi-healed and floating bits of ribs & a seperated sternum.
    Over 7yrs after blowing my femur into over 25pieces it still hurts too, and I started growing HO's after a few years of SCI (something to look forward to as well as 50% of us will get our gall bladders out within 5yrs - I did)
    I also have a C4/C5 fusion, and the position is hard on it.
    .....and then there is the wrist/shoulder/elbow stuff.................

You gotta want it bad......
    I've never heard about the gall bladder bit. Why is that? I actually have a gall stone in my gall bladder from my pre-injury days, so I might have a head start on whatever happens...
    L2 incomplete with a pretty bad limp since 10/31/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by shveddy View Post
    I've never heard about the gall bladder bit. Why is that? I actually have a gall stone in my gall bladder from my pre-injury days, so I might have a head start on whatever happens...
    http://gut.bmj.com/content/41/5/682.full.pdf

Google "Aging with SCI"
    it's very sobering..........

Well I've been doing this kind of unusual exercise on my completely flaccid calf muscles. I can get my feet to bounce up and down if I put my weight lightly on the middle of my foot, it works great on the edge of my foot rest. And when I'm riding my trike, with clip less shoes my feet bounce a couple of times on the beginning of the push stroke. But I have to be careful not to do it to much, or there is a chance that my feet will not stop bouncing all the time. Last night I really got my drop foot side to bounce with about 70 pounds of pressure pushing down on my knee. Took me about an hour to relax the calf muscle and get it to stop. Here's a picture......remember this is a muscle with no signal and no e-stem, 27 months post.

Hey Steve have you tried a road bike, would that be a little easer on your frame?
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I can get my feet to bounce up and down if I put my weight lightly on the middle of my foot, it works great on the edge of my foot rest.

Hey Steve have you tried a road bike, would that be a little easer on your frame?
    My feet do that too = I do it to try to calm them down when they spasm & twitch

I'm never riding on the road again - that is what go me here, and I've lost quite a few AB friends to car collisions.
    I just have to pace myself.......it's hard.

In hospital with probable baclofen pump infection. Hopefully can be salvaged with iv antibiotics, otherwise it'll have to be yanked out. Put a big damper on my Sunday exercise plans.