Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    How much distance do you cover, Adrian?
    Man, more then 4+ hrs anymore & I'm cooked
    Steve, Sunday was only about 16km with about 800m of ascent. A lot of it was pretty steep uphill on rutted tracks or loose rocky surface with limited wheel grip. A lot of the rest of the up hill was gentler but on softer/longer grass that just eats your speed. The down-hills were fun but pretty gnarly in places, needing careful line choice to make progress, so that was time consuming. On Sunday evening my arms and shoulders were certainly trying to tell me something and pushing my wheelchair up the hill to work yesterday morning wasn't easy but anyone who has been there knows that you feel completely knackered in a pleasant way after a good day in the hills.
    Saturday last week I was out for 4 hours but covered 28km - 11 km in the first two hours on a quite challenging route with lots of single track uphill needing careful line choice, the next two hours was 17km on good forestry track where the up hills were possible in higher gears and the down-hills were just a case of ignoring the brakes and trying not to catch too many flies in your teeth, even though you couldn't help smiling.

On the One Off I think more about the gradient, height gained and the surface than the distance because if you think about how slowly you are travelling it can be depressing

This picture of one of the other riders gives an idea of why some parts of the ride are quite slow:
    Name:  Single track.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  131.8 KB

Nice photos Adrian, and the one in the mud looks scary, like you could get stuck.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

WOW wish I had the cash for one of those bad boys, badass!! guys. I spend about two hours in the gym a day thats my workout. Would rather have your guys sceneary & workout anyday

Name:  IMG_3115.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  91.3 KBBoy, isn't that the truth??I was a mountain bike ultra-endurance racer for 20yrs - I once rode 240mi of single track in 24hrs.

Now, I'm stoked on 2mi an hour

I hear you on the "meadow riding" I do a bunch of it myself - I like it!

Glad you all are getting out there. Me - been in the hospital for 5 days for Urosepsis - growing Group B Strept in my bloodstream from urosepsis - glad this didn't hit during the river trip or lake powell - could have been the end - but what a nice place to end it. Anyways - goot to go home with a picc line. And get antibiotics iv for 2 weeks. Should be able to day paddle around it and do an overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Glad you all are getting out there. Me - been in the hospital for 5 days for Urosepsis - growing Group B Strept in my bloodstream from urosepsis - glad this didn't hit during the river trip or lake powell - could have been the end - but what a nice place to end it. Anyways - goot to go home with a picc line. And get antibiotics iv for 2 weeks. Should be able to day paddle around it and do an overnight.
    Sorry, man!
    Would more tequila have helped?
    I guess the blood had something to do with this?
    When are you going down the Big Ditch?

Arndog, hope you are back in action soon, for your own sanity and because your activity updates are always good for us to hear about.

Glad to see everyone kicking it. Did tons of 4 track skiing this winter and have gotten pretty good. Had to do a lesson everytime I went so I could use their outriggers and the instruction really helped me. I bought my own outriggers in Febuary but still ski with the lady who was instructing me because it helped me so much. I am about a 2 weeks to a month away from our water temps getting high enough to allow me to paddle out for a knee surf without my legs going limp. 55- 60 degrees is my limit with my 4/3 wet suit.
    Brought home a crate with wheels from the shop at work. I fill it with weights and try to do sprints pushing up and down the street. I still have major deficiencies below my knees so this looks awkward but the cardio is great and my hamstrings are showing improvement. Maybe one day my feet will come back to life. Keep rocking guys.

Arndog- I hope you get well soon.

Arndog sorry to read about you being down for awhile, but at least its something that can be fixed, and hit when you were home.

I've been riding a lot, about every day, one bike or the other. The hand cycle is great, but the dog really loves the trike because he gets to go.
    Also in the last few weeks I have got a nice bit of return, in the gluts and other muscles as well. I built up the new muscles way faster then the previous returns. I'd like to think that this is because of my latest idea. I use a Russian E-stim, placing the electrodes on my tail bone, crotch and other places. I get my body from the waist down to contract all at once, and I can feel way more with this method. Its kind of similar to what those four guys do with the neuro stimulator are doing. Maybe its all in my head, but I swear its doing some good. Never heard of anybody else doing this, but that does not mean it wont work. Somebody has to be the ginny pig, might as well be me.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old