Thread: What workout did you do today?

Nice rowing platform there, Katja. Looks like you are having fun. Sorry to hear about the bad spill Adrian. Hope you heal up fast. Nice distances with elevation gain, Marvin_Cr, that looks like a ton of work.

Wondering what has happened to Arndog, the godfather of this thread...I'm sure he's been out paddling a ton this summer, if there is still water in Lake Tahoe.

I've been fly-fishing a bunch of days, stumbling around in rivers with low water. Have also been riding the electric assist mtn bike and my road bike. 17 miles on the ebike yesterday on very dry, dusty trails. 30 miles with 1,200' elevation gain on the road bike this morning. Our 90+ temps have been intensifying the pain, but gotta do stuff in spite of it.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Hi Revis - I am still here - I am happy the thread has traction. I like all the people who post here. It means a lot to me. Steve Garro and I became good friends. I bet if we all met up we would have a hoot of a good time.
    This is a good focal point for incomplete quads/paras all who loved/love the outdoors and exercise. It is an inclusive thread open to all.
    Yes , I have been paddling a lot on Tahoe. It is 1600 ft deep. So what if it is missing 6 feet of water?? Actual it is a good thing - a lot of the motor boat ramp have had to close due to low H20 levels. It doesn't affect paddlers. So less motors on the "jewel of the sierra". Hi to everyone ! I'm paddling 2 to 3 times a week. Soon I will be taking this kayak game to the Pacific Ocean to the best of my gimpability. Then I will have something new to post !

Happy summer !

Hey Katja - consider turning 180 degrees and face where you are going! Grab a kayak paddle! Rowing is elegant and that is a beautiful boat. What make and model is that? I found that that motion is hard on an LS fusion since it creates a lever effect on your back as your arms are pulled. I had a Maas 24 open water 25 lb single , carbon concept II oars, then my back flared and off to craigs list it went. I know you like fast and there are fast lean and mean flat water kayaks. 21 ft long and 18 inches wide.... But it looks good with Mt Evans in the background . What i the lone peak just above your stern?

I lifted weights today and pushed my mobile standing frame around for an hour around the house for some upper body work. Tomorrow is a cardio day.

I'm continuing to learn to scull, and am preparing to compete in my first regatta next Saturday. I'll be competing in a single (women's open, non-adaptive) and in a mixed double (adaptive - my crewmate is visually impaired, so it's my job to steer and keep us from hitting anything, God help us). We rowed together for the first time today.

Name:  2015-07-17 06.10.28-rs.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  2015-07-17 06.33.00-rs.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  67.3 KB
    Name:  2015-07-17 08.59.25-1-rs.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  38.9 KB

I hauled my fat ass and my chair in and out of my car 12 times today. Thai's 12 ins and 12 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I hauled my fat ass and my chair in and out of my car 12 times today. Thai's 12 ins and 12 outs.
    And it's only what? Early afternoon? Plenty of time to do it a couple more times...:-)

Looking good there, Katja.I admire you for learning something new, and something really hard to do! (Having just finished reading "The Boys In the Boat" and "Flatwater Tuesdays" I have new appreciation for the skill required to row well.

Pushed myself today, and have paid for it the rest of the day. 33 miles with 2,034' climbing on my road bike. It's been two summers since I've done this particular loop around Hayden Lake in N. ID. Plenty hard for me; moderate workout for all the AB bikers.
    CCS/Walking Quad

Nice ride Charles. I hope you had fun. I've only done that ride in a car, and I know that it is pretty but has lots and lots of ups and downs, nothing you can settle into a rythym on which always seems to make it harder.
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    And it's only what? Early afternoon? Plenty of time to do it a couple more times...:-)
    How'd you know? Did it three more times, two in the rain. But a boys got to go party.