Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    off to Baja for two weeks sea kayaking & adventuring. full report when i return - Garro.
    Take lots of pic's!!! Sounds like an awesome trip!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Did Squats, single leg presses, heavy quad extensions and burn out ham curls, calves. tonight is shoulder/bicep.

1 hour on the SciFit last night!
    Larry
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Nordic sitski - 3 newcomers from the Bay Area and Grass Valley plus me, Candace Cable, and Mark Wellman. Teaching new people, all with great attitudes, I had fun helping.
    This is a great picture!
    Got a question though-- Do you need 2 different sit ski frames--one for nordic, and another for downhill??

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Today - awoke to 18 inches of new snow. Todays workout is snow removal , shoveling, working the snowblower - A good time.
    Been there, done that......enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I had other stuff I needed to do today so opted for my standard local handcycle circuit, which is an evening ride after work in the summer - it should be a two hour circuit but the cable to my rear shifter snapped half way round so on a bike with 54 gears I was left with only three high gears and three very high gears. Some of the uphills were a really hard work out. Fortunately I ride a tadpole trike, with two wheels at the front, so when the hills were too steep to get up in the gears I had left I was able to grab the front wheels and push them wheelchair style. I got a harder work out than I expected.
    This would be classified as the "surprise exercise plan"---glad you made it home

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    1 hour on the Vitaglide...took a spill in the bathroom last night and really hurt my knee so decided the SciFit can wait a day or two.
    How's the knee? It hasnt swollen, has it??

Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    Just got my tower 200 in the mail yesterday. So I am going to starty using it today. Arndog I am from the bay area an would like to try the sit ski thing. Could you help me with that?
    Dude.....take pics of you now, and 3 months later with your massive guns....you can share them with that beer babe standing next to you. Let me know how the skiing goes, if you can get the time to do so. Would be very interested in what ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    2 hockey games worth of vitaglide.

About a half hour of chest with whatever the frig it's called sit up benching machine.

At least an hours worth of 10 pound wrist weights. Curls, shoulders, etc.

About a half hour of therabands.
    Holy crap.....I would be a useless mutt if I tried to do all that---well, Im kinda useless now, actually........

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    1800 yards swimming.

It's still snowing here. My handcycle is getting lonely...
    Only way Im swimming 1800yds is if the current carries me that far....nice job going the distance! Put the bike on one of them training rigs..and go at it....

I skiped FES rowing and went cross country skiing this afternoon for 2 1/2 hours... I LOVED IT! Only if I can fuse FES rowing, rugby and skiing together... my perfect sport!
    "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Graybeard - yes you need a different frame altogether for nordic versus alpine, the nordic frame is 7 lbs compared to the 35 lbs of the alpine ski. The alpine rig has a shock absorber doing what our knees used to do to absorb the terrain, the nordic rig is rigid and light and is really a seat attached to 2 racing nordic skis 10 inches apart to fit into the tracks that are placed by the groomers. The tubing is the lightest aluminum that will support your weight whereas the alpine ski is steel, solid welds to withstand big forces.

Chinadoll - now combining nordic skiing and rugby would be fun especially since everyone is holding 2 poles with sharp tips - could become a new blood sport.... ;-)

Rest day for me/ Garro - have a great time. Can't wait to hear about your adventure...

1 hour on the SciFit last night. My knee does not hurt at all while riding, but continues to hurt all other times.
    Larry
    ------

Shook up the ab workout last night. My other gimp workout buddy and i did cable crunches, hanging leg raises, and incline situps while passing a medicine ball to each other.

Tonight is back work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ru_AOzA-pA

6 Sets/12 reps on Moveo at 25 degrees, which is 50% body weight No arms. See Video above. Quads/Hams Cocentric and Eccentric isolated muscle work. More Stable climbing steps less arms.

More Snow coming
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

1 hour on the SciFit last night. My knee is still killing me, think I'm gonna have to hit the VitaGlide tonight and make a Dr's Appt.......
    Larry
    ------