Thread: What workout did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Revis (23 yr old) Seda Glider kayak. Steve, is shaking his head right now because this only goes straight and is not a fishing kayak. But it is 19 ft long and narrow and fast.
    You don't have to justify buying new boats to me - I just bought a 10' Old Town a few days ago used for $280 with a paddle, PFD, and a cart.
    Now up to:
    * 18' lake canoe
    * 17' tandem folding sea kayak
    * two 14' sea kayaks
    * two 10' duckies
    * 0ne 10' recreation kayak
    It's a sickness, I tell you.

Did 9mi of class 1 & 2 creek boating yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MFlounlacker View Post
    Laying it down 395! I tried sit ski this winter. Hurt my arse really bad. I felt like I was still squished into that bucket for days. Maybe the ski wasn't a good fit.

It was super fun though and I was cruising groomers my first day. How long did it take you to get to point where you were able cruise on your own?
    A little more than a full season before I started going out on my own.

I have over 30 days in so far this season. Great exercise for my core.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Purchased a Tri shorty wetsuit to use in an upcoming open water event in June.
    Today was the first time I have used it. Worked very well!
    200 yards warm up, 1700y non-stop freestyle, followed by a 100y backstroke and finishing with 100y freestyle with paddles.
    A plus 2000 yard swim practice works me pretty good.

Jett your the man, looking good. 2000 yards is a long swim for just about anybody.

Steve you and Arndog sure have a lot of toys. Guess I'm going to have to get some more just to keep up. You know what they say "who ever dies with the most toys wins". So Steve, after your SCI did you find it harder to hit the white water in your short kayak? I know that it is a lot harder to hold my upper body in place with my wimpy legs. Your kind of my gage as to what I can do, because we are about in the same boat (limited walking, full upper body) not that I will ever be a big water guy like you, but at least I can paddle around in some slower water.

Just got back from Northern California where my brother and his supper fast kid and I rode up to the top of Shasta damn. 37 miles with 1400 of climbing, sweet.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

At 602 feet Shasta damn is the ninth tallest in the USA, makes for a nice climb

flying - that is one big chunk of foam you are on. And a Roho on your back? Is it for raising your position and /or butt protection/prevention of pain? Hey, your not paralyzed... you are standing up ! ;-) Have you 'recovered'?
    jett- like the ski mountain plus the pool. Looks like your on holiday but you actually live there.

I'm one week down out of 4 for this hernia surgery. Haven't gone crazy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    Purchased a Tri shorty wetsuit to use in an upcoming open water event in June.
    Today was the first time I have used it. Worked very well!
    200 yards warm up, 1700y non-stop freestyle, followed by a 100y backstroke and finishing with 100y freestyle with paddles.
    A plus 2000 yard swim practice works me pretty good.
    Holy shit that looks cold...shoulders are looking good! What's your routine

Arndog I'm glad your not "crazy yet" hope you can say the same in 4 weeks. The foam under my butt is for comfort, this was a four hour ride after all, it has a big hole cut out in the middle. The Roho on the back is for an old injury to my back area. No madder what I did the seat back hurt my old injury, I tried moving the seat back up and down and nothing help. Was just about ready to give up hand cycling when it occurred to me to use the Roho off of my standing frame. The Velcro even sticks to the seat back, and I have not had any pain since. As for standing, this last bit of return has helped a lot. Having just a little pull from the tensor fascia lata, and more gluts on the iliotibial tract has made it much easer to stand for longer periods of time.
    Well hang in there, I'm sure that many more adventures await you in just a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    So Steve, after your SCI did you find it harder to hit the white water in your short kayak? I know that it is a lot harder to hold my upper body in place with my wimpy legs. Your kind of my gage as to what I can do, because we are about in the same boat (limited walking, full upper body) not that I will ever be a big water guy like you, but at least I can paddle around in some slower water.
    Oh, for sure.
    I can't roll, my shoulders just are not up for it - that hard on the rotators.
    I just did another 9mi paddle a couple days ago, what you see here is a tandem IK aka "Duckie" it has more flotation.
    Anything above ~ class III and I want to row a real raft like a 16-18'er
    I get too cold as well!
    Bad circulation and all that.................
    Mostly I use the 10'er for fishing or as a loaner for AB relatives.

First post, glad I found this site.

Today I spent about 2 hours in the gym lifting weights, walking on treadmill, rowing on rowing machine. I had a baclofen pump put in ~ 6 weeks ago, so I'm just getting back to my routine. So far, it's been helpful. I've weaned off my 120 mg a day of oral baclofen and am much less dopey as a result. Also have less tone and spasticity. However, I am a little more wobbly than before. I'm back in PT working on my balance, so hope this will improve.

Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful, so I hope to get out on my recumbent trike (Catrike 700) for 90 minutes or so.

Arndog - since getting my pump I've spent a lot of time researching forearm crutches. Partly because of your videos, I ordered some side stix and can't wait to get them. I can wobble around on a cane fairly well and a little bit without the cane in my house or office, but I think I'll be able to be much faster and tolerate more varied terrain with the side stix. Appalachian Trail's my goal this summer ( in bits and pieces).