Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury TV Commercial to Air Nationally Tomorrow

Spinal Cord Injury TV Commercial to Air Nationally Tomorrow

The Life Rolls On foundation's new spinal cord injury awareness public service announcement will make it's television debut tomorrow Saturday December 13th during NBC's coverage of the 2008 Ironman World Championships from Kona Hawaii that will be featuring 20 year old paraplegic Ricky James.

The commercial will feature Ricky attempting a feat never before attempted by a paraplegic on a motocross bike.

The scheduled air time of NBC's Ironman show is 2:30pm EST (11:30am pacific)

being a former motocross rider just finding out about the possibilties of para's on dirt bikes i will for sure be tuning in to watch that one.....thanks for the tip.
    T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
    Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
    *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962

I'll be tuning in!
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FasterNow View Post
    I'll be tuning in!
    You will flip out!!!

Fantastic! Good job.

I couldnt watch that if my life depended on it, seriously. Now if you come back here on Sunday and say he is okay after that then I might like to see the rerun. Enjoy.

This is also on Canadian Satellite Providers (BellTV & StarChoice HD 284/289 SD 360/370/379) on WDIV 4 Detroit or KING 5 in Seattle or NBC Spokane. No Canadian channels are carrying it so we should be able to see this commercial as well!!!!! Now if the Satellite providers can hold off on their own commercials?

The last LRO commercial http://www.liferollson.org/site/apps...795&ct=3003953 is posted on their site, hopefully the new one will be there tomorrow as well!

Ciao!

Paratrooper
    Canadian on land, Floridian at heart!
    Last edited by Para-trooper; 12-12-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Update link to LRO site

I'm glad it will air in Canada, that's cool. This is pretty huge that we were able to convince NBC to run this spot on national TV. The Previous PSA on the Life Rolls On website is pretty tame compared to the new one, and Ricky is fine, he did the filming mid summer before all the Ironman stuff, you don't have to close your eyes, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Para-trooper View Post
    This is also on Canadian Satellite Providers (BellTV & StarChoice HD 284/289 SD 360/370/379) on WDIV 4 Detroit or KING 5 in Seattle or NBC Spokane. No Canadian channels are carrying it so we should be able to see this commercial as well!!!!! Now if the Satellite providers can hold off on their own commercials?

Can any of our American friends put this on YouTube???? Just in case???

Finally, AB's will see that an SCI is not a "bad back" - now if I can stop people from poking my legs to "see if they still move" - That would be an awesome Public Service Announcement!!

*(I'm hoping the rude lady on the Disney bus in Orlando last month (I'm positive she was a tourist from outside North America) learns that holding on to a wheelchair is just as bad as me holding on to her....(I'll leave this to your imaginations! LOL!)...)*

edit...

I just found a commercial on the LRO website at http://www.liferollson.org/site/apps...795&ct=3003953 WOW! I think however this may be an older one, as it has received an Emmy award, I'm hoping that this someday could be aired up here!!! The United States is light years ahead of us when it comes to tolerance, accessibility and acceptance!!!!

Ciao!

If the public service announcement is where the kid in the wheelchair goes into an empty swimming pool like a crazy fool...well, guess my age is showing but I don't get that as making the public understand sci...it was insane if you ask me, although no one has....

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    If the public service announcement is where the kid in the wheelchair goes into an empty swimming pool like a crazy fool...well, guess my age is showing but I don't get that as making the public understand sci...it was insane if you ask me, although no one has....
    Well you probably won't want to watch this one if the swimming pool deal was upsetting. The context of this one is more about not letting a SCI stop you from doing what you love, and in this case it's riding a dirt bike in a pretty extreme way. It's aimed at the young extreme sports crowd.