Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: leaving lyrica?

Quote Originally Posted by sobo35 View Post
    I have been on 150mgs of lyrica 4 times daily for the past 6 months - with a 5 lb weight gain each and every month! Surgery for nerve pain in my head and neck is in 10 days, 14 hours and 30 minutes.. yes i'm counting down the time. I'm sick of the pain and sick of the pain meds. Any ideas on titration schedule for the lyrica and when i might expect to regain any shape in my belly area? thanks
    if you don't mind my asking, I'm curious about what kind of surgery you're having to relieve your nerve pain?

Been taking Lyrica for about 6 months (150 x 2) for Muscle spasms in back and ribs, and burning in lower legs and arm. Never helped with burning in legs, so Neurologist just switched me over to Cymbalta. Had to ween off of the Lyrica, and spasms returned in back...(Sixtrees is right, remember why you started) I didn't think Lyrica was helping, but it was.

Now have started Cymbalta, and the side effects are SO SEVERE, that I am switching back. Always been a happy person, but have become depressed on Cymbalta, constant headaches, insomnia, panic attacks, nausia. Lyrica was a DREAM compared to Cymbalta. I hope your surgery goes well, and that you can drop all of this crap.