Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight For the Troops

UFC Fight For the Troops

Did anyone see the fights last night? I only saw a couple and they were good. Nice seeing a live event on TV with only 60 seconds between rounds. One thing sucked though. Heavyweight Steve Cantwell fought Razaak Al-Hassan. In the first round Cantwell took him down and got Al-Hassan in an arm bar that eventually just broke his arm. Cantwell was gloating afterwards telling Joe Rogan how glad he was to finally break somebody's arm as he had been trying to do it forever. I like the sport and all but Cantwell's comments were really a disgrace. Al-Hassan was just laying on the mat with his arm bent like a pipe cleaner. It was disgusting. Anyone else see it or have an opinion?

I watched it and also thought his gloating was out of line. However, he did make the comment that he couldn't believe that he didn't tap. What was he supposed to do? It's an arm bar, either you tap or your arm is broke.

There's being tough and being stupid. Al-Hassan was stupid.

Ya the guy should have tapped but I still think Cantwell harmed his market value in the UFC by his post fight comment....and that's stupid. Granted it's a grueling, rough and tough sport and I really like it. My sense is the UFC doesn't want the sport to tainted by showing excessive brutality and dehuminizing comments on TV.

What you didn't see...
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

uuuugh... what happend... i fainted... barf. i feel weak... uuuh... everything's so bright uuugh...

For real though. Sick.

Yeah, Gotwheels that was sick. I've never seen anything like that outside of
    skateboarding or rollerblading accidents.

I think he has an undiagnosed disorder that makes his bones brittle. His leg
    should not have snapped like that.

It turned my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    In the first round Cantwell took him down and got Al-Hassan in an arm bar that eventually just broke his arm.
    I really enjoy the UFC because these men are professionals and highly trained at their craft. However, I don't enjoy the UFC when there's blood everywhere (and in this case) a broken arm. I watched the fight until several of the replays were shown of the arm braking and then I had to turn it off. I didn't watch long enough to witness the gloating and I'm glad for that. My favorite is Silva and I thoroughly enjoy watching him fight. What an amazing athlete.

Here is the Cantwell Al-Hassan fight. The comment at the end with Joe Rogan made me think this guy is an asshole. "Watch it pop....that was so sweet man...I been waiting so long to do that you have no idea". Jerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQT_sSw0n0

GotWheels, your video is no longer available. What was on it?

I think Cantwell was right in continuing the armbar but his comments were out of line.

Mike Swick and Josh Koshcheck looked amazing!!!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Corey Hill's leg snapping when he threw a leg kick. I had a friend who went that called and told me about it, said the whole event was amazing. She said it was the best event she had ever been to.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace