Thread: Excel 2007, Input Needed

Excel 2007, Input Needed

I have created an Excel 2007 spreadsheet using Vista. I am trying to make multiple copies of it without losing the formatting characteristics, namely column and row length and width. Each time I copy and paste the document into a new spreadsheet, the characteristics are lost. I am so tired of making these changes!! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    I have created an Excel 2007 spreadsheet using Vista. I am trying to make multiple copies of it without losing the formatting characteristics, namely column and row length and width. Each time I copy and paste the document into a new spreadsheet, the characteristics are lost. I am so tired of making these changes!! Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Are you looking at copying the intire worksheet into another worksheet within the spreadsheet or another spreadsheet or are you copying one specific part of a worksheet?

If your doing the first then you:
    Aim your mouse over the pan of that specific worksheet(the bottom thingy's where you choose your worksheets), right click the mouse and press "move or copy". In the new window that appears tick off the "create a copy" box and choose where you want to put it. You can put the copy into the same spreadsheet or in a different file.

If your making a copy of a table within a worksheet, then it depends on if you are just copying numbers or if you are also copying formulas. A quick solution for copying just the format is to: select the area you want to copy and press the format painter button. Then go to the area where you want the format pasted and press the top left cell of area you want the format pasted. This will copy just the format and nothing else. The format painter button is the small paint brush located on the left side in the home toolbar.

Hope that helped. If not than let me know and we'll try something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Moe,

I... don't care about what I think ... you should just ignore my posts.

I don't understand ... words.

Paolo

Thanks so much, Solan!! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes in the next couple of days...I have a new job and need to get up to speed with the technology requirements quickly. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Solan View Post
    Are you looking at copying the intire worksheet into another worksheet within the spreadsheet or another spreadsheet or are you copying one specific part of a worksheet?

If your doing the first then you:
    Aim your mouse over the pan of that specific worksheet(the bottom thingy's where you choose your worksheets), right click the mouse and press "move or copy". In the new window that appears tick off the "create a copy" box and choose where you want to put it. You can put the copy into the same spreadsheet or in a different file.

If your making a copy of a table within a worksheet, then it depends on if you are just copying numbers or if you are also copying formulas. A quick solution for copying just the format is to: select the area you want to copy and press the format painter button. Then go to the area where you want the format pasted and press the top left cell of area you want the format pasted. This will copy just the format and nothing else. The format painter button is the small paint brush located on the left side in the home toolbar.

Hope that helped. If not than let me know and we'll try something else.