Thread: Will this make you smile?

Thumbs up Will this make you smile?

I just want to make you happy guys. As soon they have the first trials and nothing going wrong, nothing will stop the progress. The first step is the hardest. I feel good something will do happen soon.

Doctor's Forum

According to an October report in Scientific American, a clinical trial to treat spinal cord injury through use of embryonic stem cells may come as early as the New Year. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is nearing the end of several months of reviewing research and may lift the temporary hold it originally placed on the clinical trial, which allowed for more time to evaluate research on the matter.

The approach was invented by the laboratory of Dr. Hans Keirstead in the Reeve-Irvine Research Center at the University of California at Irvine, and licensed to Geron Corporation, a biotech company based in Menlo Park, California. The application for the clinical trial was originally submitted in May by Geron, which produces GRN0PC1, a human embryonic stem cell-derived compound, they maintain stimulates “survival and regeneration of neurons damaged during spinal cord injury.”

more...

http://www.liferollson.org/site/pp.a...TNJE&b=4745687
    Last edited by manouli; 12-06-2008 at 10:23 PM.

From what I understand, isn't that just for acutes /

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post

Hi Han Solo, it's okay if is for acutes because it's a huge step for us, first time clinical trials with embryonic stem cells in the USA it's great!!!! Then, you see they will try it on chronics for sure. When everything goes well without problems others will do the same. This is the only way to find out how safe is with human clinical trials. I think that in the hearts they know it's very likely will turn out to be okay. This will be the best christmas gift for us.

manouli.

p.s. Maybe it will be a good idea if each one of us send a thank you note to Geron co. to let them know how appreaciate we are for how hard are trying to help us. Come on thousands of you, send a few words now they will be very happy, I just did mine.

Company Headquarters
    Geron Corporation
    230 Constitution Drive
    Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
    Tel: 650-473-7700
    Fax: 650-473-7750
    Email: info@geron.com
    Last edited by manouli; 12-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.

kickingber
    Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post
    Hi Han Solo, it's okay if is for acutes because it's a huge step for us, first time clinical trials with embryonic stem cells in the USA it's great!!!! Then, you see they will try it on chronics for sure. When everything goes well without problems others will do the same. This is the only way to find out how safe is with human clinical trials. I think that in the hearts they know it's very likely will turn out to be okay. This will be the best christmas gift for us.

manouli.

p.s. Maybe it will be a good idea if each one of us send a thank you note to Geron co. to let them know how appreaciate we are for how hard are trying to help us. Come on thousands of you, send a few words now they will be very happy, I just did mine.

Company Headquarters
    Geron Corporation
    230 Constitution Drive
    Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
    Tel: 650-473-7700
    Fax: 650-473-7750
    Email: info@geron.com
    I think this is a grate idea, I just sent mine!

" it's okay if is for acutes"
    I have a Concern if it is only for Acutes. If it works in Acutes, and Not Chronics, what motivation will Companies/Researchers then Have to find a Cure for Chronics. The Mentality of "Why Spend More on SCI, when we already have a Prevention/Cure" They will continue to make sales of the Acute Drug when a new Injury happens. But why Spend more $ on curing Chronics, When the Population of Chronics will no longer Grow.
    Hence once they cure all Chronics, there will no longer be a market for the drug, Therefore, no more Sales.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    " it's okay if is for acutes"
    I have a Concern if it is only for Acutes. If it works in Acutes, and Not Chronics, what motivation will Companies/Researchers then Have to find a Cure for Chronics. The Mentality of "Why Spend More on SCI, when we already have a Prevention/Cure" They will continue to make sales of the Acute Drug when a new Injury happens. But why Spend more $ on curing Chronics, When the Population of Chronics will no longer Grow.
    Hence once they cure all Chronics, there will no longer be a market for the drug, Therefore, no more Sales.
    patricks, Dr. Hans Keirstean is developing treatment for chronic spinal cord injury, and wants to cure everyone. It's worse if they don't start clinical trial at all and you know they must do that for the good of all of us. It might be easier to work first on acutes then use it on chronics. I know how you are feel and it brings you fear, but don't let it worry you it will be okay. Lets all wish them big success.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    he as a chronic strategy in the works. this is step 1. i heard he said wait 2 years and you will be blown away. the immune suppressive drug is short term.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"