Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Walmart employees allegedly kill suspected shoplifter

For those that are calling it street justice and the workers a lynch mob, what if the people that stopped him were trained police officers and he died because of the struggle? Would your reaction be different?

Just like stated above. He deserved a trial and all, but he decided to run?, or struggle, or whatever, but HE put himself there. Like a car theif that runs rather than stop. Hity's a tree, is killed, and they try to blame the cops because chased him, BS- he ran- HE made the decision that ultimately took his own life.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE View Post
    For those that are calling it street justice and the workers a lynch mob, what if the people that stopped him were trained police officers and he died because of the struggle? Would your reaction be different?
    Ever heard of police brutality?

Quote Originally Posted by HeathQuad View Post
    I hope no one ever breaks into your homes and starts stealing your stuff. If they do you must just let them do it, heaven forbid if you or your family tried to restrain them and that person accidentally passed away while you were waiting on police to arrive. I would expect you would hold yourself and your family to the same standards you are holding these Wal-Mart employees of killing the person.
    You are darn right that in Florida, where this happened, you are NOT allowed to protect property with deadly force. If you walk into your house and the burglar is leaving with your TV, you let him go. If he threatens you, you can defend yourself, but otherwise you have no right to employ deadly force or even the threat of deadly force.

The Wal-Mart employees had NO legal right to physically restrain this person and they certainly had no legal right to employ deadly force, if that is what happened - and improper "restraint" can easily kill someone. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason the man would not stop struggling is that he was being suffocated and was trying to save his life?

Quote Originally Posted by aculady View Post
    You are darn right that in Florida, where this happened, you are NOT allowed to protect property with deadly force. If you walk into your house and the burglar is leaving with your TV, you let him go. If he threatens you, you can defend yourself, but otherwise you have no right to employ deadly force or even the threat of deadly force.

The Wal-Mart employees had NO legal right to physically restrain this person and they certainly had no legal right to employ deadly force, if that is what happened - and improper "restraint" can easily kill someone. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason the man would not stop struggling is that he was being suffocated and was trying to save his life?
    Really, if you walk into your house and a burglar is leaving with you TV it is your word againest his as to weather he threatens you in the process, isn't it, most especially if you shoot him and kill him? In this day and age there are many who would shoot first and ask questions last because one never know what the other guy will do.

That's what I was thinking, I guess the police or the judge would have to be standing there to know whether you were threatened or not. Based on that if I was a criminal I would be in Florida because unless I made a threat no one has a right to protect their property.