Thread: President-elect Obama wants us to have "a seat at the table".

President-elect Obama wants us to have "a seat at the table".

The Obama transition team has an excellent blog at change.gov. The best part about it is you can actually get a genuine response.

It appears to be an awesome possibility for someone knowledgeable and articulate to make direct contact with the new Administration.

How about you, Wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Don D. 73 View Post
    The Obama transition team has an excellent blog at change.gov. The best part about it is you can actually get a genuine response.

It appears to be an awesome possibility for someone knowledgeable and articulate to make direct contact with the new Administration.

How about you, Wise?
    Don, I just looked at the change.gov. Looks interesting but I am not sure that I see how the voices will be heard and who is listening.

Wise.

Wise,
    I just left them a message congratulating President-elect Obama for his decision to authorize Federal funding for embryonic stem cell research by Executive Order.
    I went on to urge the new President to push for increasing the NIH annual budget. I mentioned that passage of the CDRPA has been consistently blocked by the same Republican Senator from Oklahoma.
    Finally, I expressed my sense of exhilaration with their provision of this opportunity to communicate directly with senior members of the Presidential transition team.
    I guess we'll see what kind of response I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Don D. 73 View Post
    Wise,
    I just left them a message congratulating President-elect Obama for his decision to authorize Federal funding for embryonic stem cell research by Executive Order.
    I went on to urge the new President to push for increasing the NIH annual budget. I mentioned that passage of the CDRPA has been consistently blocked by the same Republican Senator from Oklahoma.
    Finally, I expressed my sense of exhilaration with their provision of this opportunity to communicate directly with senior members of the Presidential transition team.
    I guess we'll see what kind of response I get.
    Good for you. Wise.

I left almost the same message. Lets flood that site with pro-stem cell and
    CDRPA messages.

I agree we need to ask for the needed funding...it only took a minute, now they have my email but that and a zip code is all that you have to provide...come on people...do it!