Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: for those who use a board for shower transfer--i have solved the problem

for those who use a board for shower transfer--i have solved the problem

ok, we all know we dont slide w/ a wet ass. hell even a dry bare ass doesnt slide well. can be done, but not good for our butt skin or shoulders. the way i solved the problem, well i must give the credit to my wife. she sees me do the transfer most of the time
    i usually shower at night. so i tried transfering w/ my pants/shorts on getting in, so much easier. well guess what throw a pair ofs shorts on b4 getting out w/ alittle powder on the board, holy shit batman, life just got alot easier. just get them up high enough that the board is touching them rather than skin. its dam near effortless transfering out now.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 12-03-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: for my stalker doorman
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I saw someone post about creating a "How To" forum and think it's a valid idea considering the type of information you posted. Would be great to put all of these How To's in a centralized location for easy viewing. And I like the simple way you solved this problem. Kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ok, we all know we dont slide w/ a wet ass. hell even a dry bare ass doesnt slide well. can be done, but not good for our butt skin or shoulders. the way i solved the problem, well i must give the credit to my wife. we have a 2 head/dual control shower so we normally shower together.

i usually shower at night. so i tried transfering w/ my pants/shorts on getting in, so much easier. well guess what throw a pair ofs shorts on b4 getting out w/ alittle powder on the board, holy shit batman, life just got alot easier. just get them up high enough that the board is touching them rather than skin. its dam near effortless transfering out now.
    Wow after 20 years you figured something out good for you. Thanks for telling us you shower with you wife we really needed to know that. We really have a great vision of that now.
    injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Fuentes, how long does it take you to put on the shorts, to me it seems like just another bullshit step to do. It is tough to transfer when wet but I've been using baby oil, I pour a little on my board and slide, it takes maybe 2 secs to slide over into bed.

its quick wtf. i hear yah thou. i was just tired of sticking to the dam board. whaT do u do getting out of shower. i dont use the board getting in bed just out and i have pants or shorts on already then.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    Wow after 20 years you figured something out good for you. Thanks for telling us you shower with you wife we really needed to know that. We really have a great vision of that now.

I think you have a fan fuente...seems like this guy has something to say after every post of yours ...

as far as putting shorts on inthe shower...i'd fall for sure, too slippery!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

its quick wtf. i hear yah thou. i was just tired of sticking to the dam board. whaT do u do getting out of shower. i dont use the board getting in bed just out and i have pants or shorts on already then.
    I'm a board user getting in and out, so I use baby oil for both and I've never fallen yet. Ok, so you must have your pants already loose so its easy to get off, I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Fuentes, how long does it take you to put on the shorts, to me it seems like just another bullshit step to do. It is tough to transfer when wet but I've been using baby oil, I pour a little on my board and slide, it takes maybe 2 secs to slide over into bed.
    I use lotion, same effect. I wear pants on the way in ..... just as easy to take em off there as anywhere else, and makes the transfer easy. I don;t get dry enough in the shower to make putting on pants easy enough.

Glad it works for you F,
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I'm not a board user, but can we get a video of the technique??
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I used to use a piece of vinyl tablecloth. It slid even when wet
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.