Thread: Foldable vehicle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I would drive that!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz1989 View Post
    I would drive that!
    Wouldn't it be cool if a wheelchair could be designed to unfold into a supersleek racer with a push of a button and you don't have to waste time getting in and out of a car.

Wise.

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Lightbulb Another Concept on a "Folding Vehicle"

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if a wheelchair could be designed to unfold into a supersleek racer with a push of a button and you don't have to waste time getting in and out of a car.

Wise.

Dear Wise-

Have you seen the 4 wheel Segway (Centaur)?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jigZYtqDmEk...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jigZYtqDmEk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It takes gadget and accessability to a whole new... NEXT LEVEL.

With a few hand controls and leg straps, it could be giddy up to GO even for some Quads!

OH .........................the possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by ColonusFan View Post
    Dear Wise-

Have you seen the 4 wheel Segway (Centaur)?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jigZYtqDmEk...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jigZYtqDmEk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It takes gadget and accessability to a whole new... NEXT LEVEL.

With a few hand controls and leg straps, it could be giddy up to GO even for some Quads!

OH .........................the possibilities
    Yes, I like the Centaur. I find also this concept of a wheel that is attached at the top to be very interesting. It certainly saves a lot of room not to have an axle. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Yes, I like the Centaur. I find also this concept of a wheel that is attached at the top to be very interesting. It certainly saves a lot of room not to have an axle. Wise.
    I can't figure out how they attach the front wheel without an axle. Is there any detail on that part of the car? I wonder which set of wheels are the drive wheels? Is this just a concept car or is there an actual functional model?

I was actually thinking about something on those lines the other day, after sitting in the cold throwing my chair in my car. I think that would be a decent idea, i would def. look into it if there was such a thing.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

WE ARE THE BORG.....you will assimilate. to resist is futile.

im wondering about those wheels too. weird, how do they attach?

The Segway is forbidden in Norway
    TH 12, 43 years post