Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uti and dying =((((

Uti and dying =((((

this has to be the worst UTI every body is killing,, shacks all night, pissing like a hose.

Its like 2.30 here in Australia and head is killin, not to menstion body... felt it coming on in the afternoon...

Anyone know best way to provent UTI when you feel symptoms coming on....

WISH I could get wome sleep............................

eat dried cranberries. they really do prevent. they don't allow the bacteria to stick to the bladder walls so are flushed out. whole cranberry juice not cocktail, which is mostly water. or cranberry sauce. sorry you feel so crappy.

UTI man I feel for you. Those nights suck for sure. I just got through a bad bought myself. I went to the Dr. and swear I would be better off going to a veterinarian then the ones around here. Just because we are paralyzed every one thinks we could not possibly feel the pain. Anyway I finally got him to give me some antibiotics. I then went to an urologist and found out I have a kidney stone. But according to him it is in a place I can’t feel anyway so have no reason for the insurance company to pay for removing it.

I find drinking plenty of fluids and making sure I am not constipated helps. But the nights of severe pain I have not answer just watch TV and try to get through it. Good luck I don’t mean to be a drag but needed to vent anyway thanks
    T6 complete

The only way I manage to stay UTI free is by taking a daily antibiotic.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

I have been on a daily antibiotic for 8 months and have not had a UTI. Prior to being on the antibiotic I had a UTI pretty much every month for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by lee.thompson84 View Post
    Anyone know best way to provent UTI when you feel symptoms coming on....
    Keep Bactrim/Septra on-hand. I self-medicate when I feel the symptoms coming. I'll be halfway done w/ a 3-day treatment by the time lab tests come back... figure I misdiagnose occasionally, but this has worked for me for many years.

Those of you who take antibiotics daily, you're running a risk at building up a resistance to the drug. Sooner or later it'll quit working.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    Keep Bactrim/Septra on-hand. I self-medicate when I feel the symptoms coming. I'll be halfway done w/ a 3-day treatment by the time lab tests come back... figure I misdiagnose occasionally, but this has worked for me for many years.

Those of you who take antibiotics daily, you're running a risk at building up a resistance to the drug. Sooner or later it'll quit working.
    that what they are wanting to do me daily antibotics. as i seem to get a uti every month
    but i just get spasam more .

what is bactrim/septra?

daily antibiotic is a bad idea........im like scott i keep cipro in my drawer have for 20 years, when i feel one coming on i blast 500 mg of cipro 2x day for max 3 days, its gone. i get one every 2-5 yrs.
    i dont ever gtet lab work,.
    to op, the "SUPPS" your on are hard on your kidneys, u should double your water intake while on. also stop while u r on antibiotics.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Recipes for avoiding UTI's

I intermittent cath so here is mine:

Besides drinking water/cranberry juice and making sure cath area is prepped with betadine, I supplement with:

2 Visoquid Acid (50/50) x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    2 Green Source multivitamins x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    2 CVS Brand Max Cranberry x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    1 1000 mg time release Vitamin C (morning)

Visoquid acid can be up'd to 4x a day when people feel one coming on.

Thank God I have been near UTI free for two whole years.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Visoquid acid? Even google isn't helping with that one.

I find that whenever I use supplements I get more sediment. It's a catch-22.