Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst X-mas present received

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worst X-mas present received

All in good Holiday spirit, of course. What is the worse Christmas present you have ever received.

I heard on the radio this morning the worst present you can give a man would be a tie and a woman would be a scale.

Mine was hands down a winnie the pooh x-mas sweatshirt two sizes too small from one of my inlaws. I was in college at the time, yes that would have been pretty cool to wear to the bars!!!!

my grandma who is rich as hell always gives the worst presents because she's also cheap as hell. She gave me and all of her grand children like shitty hand held games, you could literally get these things out of a candy dispenser. I think mine was black jack or some other suck emulated card game. I wanted to microwave it when I saw the wrapping and weight of the gift... I knew what suck lay beneath the colorful wrapping paper.

I was expecting a suck present so it wasn't a shocker hah.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

When I was younger we used to do a lot of woodworking/crafts and I had a cousin who sold crafts at one of the local flea markets. So around the holiday season she asked us if we would help her cut out and put together for her and we agreed thinking she was going to sell them. At the family gathering on Christmas Eve all the children started opening their gifts and it was what we had made and guess what when I opened mine it was the same thing. She had given me as a present what I had made for her. That really sucks.

It's funny now but I wasn't happy then.

My "worst" gift was really a pretty good gift, just given in the wrong year. I got a flying saucer in a year that had virtually no snow. I remember looking up to the sky endlessly waiting for a few flakes to fall, all in vain. There was a golf course near my house with a great hill that we all used for sledding. One time I even brought the flying saucer to the top of the hill and sat on it trying to get it to move. Pathetic.....it moved about a foot as the bottom scraped on the grass and stones. I had to wait another whole year before I got to put it to good use. Ironic now, as I abhor snow in a w/c, but that was back in the days when snow was still fun!

An ugly floral print makeup bag that smelled like mothballs. It was a secret santa gift from a coworker. I was disgusted.

last christmas eve a crackhead set the place ablaze. santa came to put out the fire. my beloved pets died around my feet. our renters insurance didny cover it. christmas day we went to identify bodies and remove who was left behind. the crematorium was kind and cremated our pets free. we are all glad to be alive, but christmas isnt about christ as it should be. we are too financially wiped out to do the gift thing this year. the gift I really got, was a premonition which allowed me to get us out. we ruined the holiday for anyone who knew us. some friends never spoke to us again once they heard or saw it on the news. some say we are cursed since it wasnt the first fire or disaster. people actually think I have a curse laid on my head. merry christmas. dont forget its about the birth of our lord. shit dont take a break even on christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    last christmas eve a crackhead set the place ablaze. santa came to put out the fire. my beloved pets died around my feet. our renters insurance didny cover it. christmas day we went to identify bodies and remove who was left behind. the crematorium was kind and cremated our pets free. we are all glad to be alive, but christmas isnt about christ as it should be. we are too financially wiped out to do the gift thing this year. the gift I really got, was a premonition which allowed me to get us out. we ruined the holiday for anyone who knew us. some friends never spoke to us again once they heard or saw it on the news. some say we are cursed since it wasnt the first fire or disaster. people actually think I have a curse laid on my head. merry christmas. dont forget its about the birth of our lord. shit dont take a break even on christmas.
    buy yourselfe something nice this christmas, you deserve it.
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    oh jody, I'm so sorry. I have no wise words but I think funny stories of those ugly or crazy gifts put smiles on our faces and that helps with all the crap we deal with.

I laughed at each person's horrible gift, not in meaness or pettiness but b/c most gifts were given with love and you wonder what the hell were they thinking?

Okay except fishin guy - cookies that taste like cigarette smoke - yummy!

One Christmas I was given two toy cars (like Hotwheels but cheaper) that my mom had asked me to pick out for someone else while we were at the store a month prior. Things had changed financially for us in that month, so she couldn't afford to get me anything. I let that one slide because I expected it and understood our position. But the Mandarin orange she stuffed in my stocking was pushing it. Lol, it might as well have been a turd. I love my mom though, she really tried back then and I remember. But those friggin' oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    One Christmas I was given two toy cars (like Hotwheels but cheaper) that my mom had asked me to pick out for someone else while we were at the store a month prior. Things had changed financially for us in that month, so she couldn't afford to get me anything. I let that one slide because I expected it and understood our position. But the Mandarin orange she stuffed in my stocking was pushing it. Lol, it might as well have been a turd. I love my mom though, she really tried back then and I remember. But those friggin' oranges.
    Me and my sister always get an orange in our stockings, even now when we're in our 30's!
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder