Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst X-mas present received

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    One Christmas I was given two toy cars (like Hotwheels but cheaper) that my mom had asked me to pick out for someone else while we were at the store a month prior. Things had changed financially for us in that month, so she couldn't afford to get me anything. I let that one slide because I expected it and understood our position. But the Mandarin orange she stuffed in my stocking was pushing it. Lol, it might as well have been a turd. I love my mom though, she really tried back then and I remember. But those friggin' oranges.
    Me and my sister always get an orange in our stockings, even now when we're in our 30's!
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

My ex husband gave me an automatic cleaning litter box. ???

A girl in college who drew my name in this Christmas exchange thing gave me a bag of candy. Apparantly she didn't know her boyfriend had eaten most of it and put the wrappers back in. Also she forgot to take the card out from the person who gave it to her.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

sorry to drag it down. I tried to make something up, but that is in truth the worst one. Kratos that aviater made me pee a little.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    last christmas eve a crackhead set the place ablaze. santa came to put out the fire. my beloved pets died around my feet. our renters insurance didny cover it. christmas day we went to identify bodies and remove who was left behind. the crematorium was kind and cremated our pets free. we are all glad to be alive, but christmas isnt about christ as it should be. we are too financially wiped out to do the gift thing this year. the gift I really got, was a premonition which allowed me to get us out. we ruined the holiday for anyone who knew us. some friends never spoke to us again once they heard or saw it on the news. some say we are cursed since it wasnt the first fire or disaster. people actually think I have a curse laid on my head. merry christmas. dont forget its about the birth of our lord. shit dont take a break even on christmas.
    oh jody, I'm so sorry. I have no wise words but I think funny stories of those ugly or crazy gifts put smiles on our faces and that helps with all the crap we deal with.

I laughed at each person's horrible gift, not in meaness or pettiness but b/c most gifts were given with love and you wonder what the hell were they thinking?

Okay except fishin guy - cookies that taste like cigarette smoke - yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    sorry to drag it down. I tried to make something up, but that is in truth the worst one. Kratos that aviater made me pee a little.
    Don't worry about it, so sorry to read about the fire, hope you can manage to put it out of your mind enough to enjoy your Christmas. I agree with kratos, buy your self something nice, like his aviator to.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

the orange thing has great meaning to me. we got oranges at the end of the vietnam war. it was nice because we were very hungry for something fresh. we lived in california too, but we still could not afford to buy any. a neighbor gave them to my mom. she was deserted by my dad and she had six kids. he ran off with a fourteen year old girl. mom gave us oranges at christmas until she died. I still put them out in rememberance of seven starving people in the early seventies whos only food came from ww2 sea rations.

The worst was from my dearest husband, and just last year. A bluetooth something or other thing for an ipod accessory. I don't have that accessory, I listen to my ipod about once a year. And I hate electronics in general. What a dolt!

But don't tell him I told the world how much his gift sucked - I had to act pleased.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

My aunt one year was big into seeing plays....so she thought it would be cool to get us each something from the play. I do not remember the play that my gift was from, but I got this really cheap black shiny bag with the word BIG written in big red letters, two used ticket stubs, and the play bill. Oh how I loved that!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by dgrotz View Post
    Me and my sister always get an orange in our stockings, even now when we're in our 30's!
    Haha, they're everywhere.

A few years ago my aunt gave me a Krups egg boiler.. I only eat scrambled eggs and this item stayed shelved for a few years until I off loaded it onto someone else.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia