Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,000,000 signatures for spinal cord injury

Quote Originally Posted by carbar View Post
    However, with www.endparalysis.com being started from scratch, it can be geared to what you and others envisage Patricks.
    So, what would be the content? aside from linking directly to the petition.

Short Answer, What ever want.

Some quick Ideas:
    Main Site:
    Main focus would be the petition. Under the section where petition is explained, can rotate the (user sig opt in) Comments.
    Can also setup an (opt in) auto mass email to sig users with goal updates at set increments [ex. when 100,000 sig are collected, then its sends mail with progress reports/info]

A sectioned Menu.
    We can add such things as info/Links to, Current SCI therapies. SCI Research Programs. SCI Information/Resources. Non Profit SCI Projects/Orgs. Political info. SCI cure progress, SCI Gov assistance progs/ Current Clinical Trials. etc etc (whatever can think up).
    Basically anything and everything SCI related. the more content the better (will also increase the likely hood of people finding it regardless of their search terms)
    Can also, either start a SCI forum, or add links to this one and/or others.

Perhaps setup a easy web interface section where "whomever wants" could easily add/update SCI/research news (brief quote, and links) they find or stumble upon.

"Can write an easy to use Web Interface site update program, to help add news, keep content updated, etc etc..
    Can setup login info to all who wants to the web interface . Anyone of us can take part in this. (or even assign/opt to control/update certain sections.)
    (this might take me a bit longer to code)

Can make translated mirror sub domains/sites. France.endparalysis.com , Spain.endparalysis.com. us.endparalysis.com etc.

If/When it is decided to do this, guys start contribution your site ideas...
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Hi, I'm new here so I haven't really had time to read all the posts. But I'd like to share as a resource for free online petitions.You may like to try

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/

Free online petitions

Hi,
    2 points from my side:
    - www.endparalysis.com seems to work well indeed. Can you guys confirm that this address may be communicated around? For example, I simply plan to put a 1 page invitation to sign the petition on various public boards of a rehab center I am regularly going to. This URL will do the trick (much better than the final long url of the petitionsite) because people who are interested can then easily either remember the url or write it down on a paper to then go and sign the petition when they are at home.
    Same for any announcement that will be on tv/radio/or paper.
    so, we go with www.endparalysis.com, and can communicate it, right?
    [whatever the end outcome might be, ie just a shortcut to the petition site or a website on its own]

- Leif, if I understand your message correctly you advocate that the link be put on as many sites as possible, yes of course. so even if a specific site would be created, we do need to put the link to the petition/or to the site on as many sites/blogs/as possible. at the end it should be all SCI organizations bearing the project and not just one. and it would be good to have a few representatives (a team) per state/ per country. some countries are almost absent from the statistics! seems like we need to recruit overthere! look at India. I have a few friends there and they have signed. Where are the other millions of people?? So, a few active representatives overthere would be great! [just an example though]

Hi,
    Yes, please pass endparalysis.com around. I've set it up a permanent redirect to the petition site from there.

In the event that we create our own site at endparalysis.com around the petition, we can transition smoothly as we'll have been promoting our cause with the same address all along.

Some good ideas there Patricks, I agree that it would be great to create a site that is an information portal focused on educating the public on SCI, with the petition as its center piece. And also as you suggested, to take full advantage of having people registered with our cause, so that we can send e-mails to rally the troops when needed.

I'm sure we can learn a few lessons from sites like barackobama.com as regards all of this.

There is a significant amount of work involved in this Patricks. How much time would you expect to be involved in developing something this ambitious?
    Last edited by mjh; 02-02-2009 at 12:54 PM.

I could do it all myself, but my time is very limited, so it all depends on who else is willing and able to help.

Whoever is willing to help with such a project, Post what your able to do.
    Graphics,
    Programming, HTML JAVA SQL PHP, etc. etc. (Im thinkn PHP would be quickest and best.)
    Gathering Data (ex Get SCI related Info, News, Trials Links etc. etc.)
    ETC,
    Ill can take care of a getting Host.
    And will go from there..
    ====================
    I may do a Trick....

i can help gather data and know basics of uploading

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    I could do it all myself, but my time is very limited, so it all depends on who else is willing and able to help.

Whoever is willing to help with such a project, Post what your able to do.
    Graphics,
    Programming, HTML JAVA SQL PHP, etc. etc. (Im thinkn PHP would be quickest and best.)
    Gathering Data (ex Get SCI related Info, News, Trials Links etc. etc.)
    ETC,
    Ill can take care of a getting Host.
    And will go from there..
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Well the first step should be to do mockups in photoshop(or whatever) of what we envisage.
    Does this sound good Patricks(or anyone else who wants to be involved)?

I'll try and put my ideas into a sketch too.

mjh: Contribute whatever ideas would like the site to look like and include and can go from there. Can start working on images in the mean time? Logo's etc.
    Leo: when the site gets up, will setup a way for you and whomever else, to start adding content. In mean time get a list of categories you would like to contribute towards.

If anyone else will be assisting with the site, coding, etc. I can setup the host sooner. (It being on a shared server, I would need to attach a temporary domain name) otherwise I will keep it on my pc till its finished.

Let me know who will be willing to assist. As mentioned, my time is very limited so the more help the quicker can get something going.
    Last edited by patricks; 02-09-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    ====================
    I may do a Trick....

New signatures have slowed right down and are now disappointingly well below 50 each day. At this rate we'll never make 100,000 let alone 1,000,000.
    Apart from the additional site www.endparalysis.com does anyone have any ideas how to improve things? Leo, did you hear back from any of the many SCI organizations that you contacted? Are any prepared to mention the petition on their own sites?