Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,000,000 signatures for spinal cord injury

"In 1961 President Kennedy displayed the vision of his generation by focusing the financial resources of the United States toward landing a man on the moon within a decade. A similar visionary program in our time should be a 10-year program involving academia and industry with a goal to translate the discovery of human embryonic stem cells into actual safe and efficacious therapies to save human life. We encourage you to make this a priority for your administration. We could clearly demonstrate the humanitarian spirit of our country by leading the world in applying the best of mankind’s technologies in the alleviation of human suffering including the millions of American patients who so desperately need them."

The above is a quote from an open letter to President Elect Barack Obama from 22 prominent scientists, sent last month I think.

Leo,
    thanks for that.
    I think that the essence of what will eventually be on the site is contained in your post. It's just a matter of seeing what Neo comes up with and how to arrange/edit it so that it has the most impact. Then combine with links, photos, whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by carbar View Post
    "In 1961 President Kennedy displayed the vision of his generation by focusing the financial resources of the United States toward landing a man on the moon within a decade. A similar visionary program in our time should be a 10-year program involving academia and industry with a goal to translate the discovery of human embryonic stem cells into actual safe and efficacious therapies to save human life. We encourage you to make this a priority for your administration. We could clearly demonstrate the humanitarian spirit of our country by leading the world in applying the best of mankind’s technologies in the alleviation of human suffering including the millions of American patients who so desperately need them."

The above is a quote from an open letter to President Elect Barack Obama from 22 prominent scientists, sent last month I think.

See, Great Minds Do Think Alike (yet, some are better worded then others)
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Oops I see that the Ipetitionsite thing is being promoted over at apparelysed already - I hope any signatures given there, can be transferred to the "real" site?

Let's make this a work in progress - meaning that we need to move now - Before x-mas. so that we might be able to benefit from that in someway. (alot of e-mails go around at christmas time..) Let's get a text up and running, we can make the wee changes along the way, or am I being too impatient?

45 years ago John F. Kennedy entered the nation into a race to enter space by landing on the moon. This essentially helped the world to secure democracy against more powerful nations. Today we are asking the people and their nations to enter a race for a cure for paralysis, which will greatly improve the burden of it's economic costs of many billions a year and also to restore health to those suffering from a devastating condition like paralysis. Research has recently show that a cure is possible but is severely under funded and threatens the future cure to millions living with paralysis around the world. So we ask you to please join our Global Paralysis Network petition today.

Neo,
    do you think you have enough to get started on the webpage? If we have some kind of visual of the format, then perhaps we can start to arrange and edit the texts already suggested.
    A logo would be good wouldn't it? Any ideas anyone?

I had one but maybe not the main logo. A web page object more like it. A cube with six continents on it.

I receive petitions regularly through my e-mail from Care2petitionsite.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create-online-petition

Almost everyday there is a a petition that comes up. Loads of people sign these. Just wanted to let you know if you hadn't already looked into it.

Thanks,
    Liz

Which emphasizes the need for coordination.